Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Travel by horse-drawn carriage along the picturesque streets of Charleston and take in the history of this South Carolina city. See highlights such as historically significant homes, churches and gardens while listening to informative commentary about the city’s role in our nation's history from your certified guide. Enjoy the relaxed pace of a carriage tour as you soak up the southern charm of Charleston.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Family friendly
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old South Carriage Company, 14 Anson St, Charleston, SC 29401-2028
Our stable is where your tour experience will begin and end. After checking in you can say hi to our draft horses, watch an educational video, purchases a bottle of water, or use our restroom. As you board your carriage via our inclined ramp / easy loading platform, your certified tour guide will greet you.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Charleston City Market, 188 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-3155
After leaving our stable, your carriage will stop at the City gate near the Market, where a route is assigned by the City of Charleston. Our industry is governed by this system in order to disperse the carriage traffic more evenly throughout the city. Your tour will cover about 30 blocks and 300+ years of history. Though specific landmarks vary by route, all tours pass by sights that give Charleston its unique charm – custom wrought iron gates, well-manicured gardens, historic mansions with picturesque piazzas, and the many church steeples of the “Holy City.”
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 1-Hour Horse & Carriage Sightseeing Tour of Charleston
- Belgian or Percheron Draft Horse
- Certified Driver/Guide
- See Charleston highlights such as historically significant homes, churches and gardens
- Hear stories of the city’s role in our nation's history from your certified guide
- Entry/Admission - Old South Carriage Company
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Please note: you MUST check-in 15-minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled with out refund.
- Carriage can transport up to 16 passengers per departure.
- Children 3 years and under are free provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. If you want your child to have a seat, you must purchase a child seat.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Public carriage tours are seated up to 100% capacity, full capacity consists of up to 16 passengers with 4 guests seated per row.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 2845 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-6656RIDE
Similar Tours & Activities
Half Day Party Bus Brewery Tour of Charleston
Charleston walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise
Charleston Marsh Eco Boat Cruise with stop at Morris Island Lighthouse
Haunted Evening Horse and Carriage Tour of Charleston