Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Full-Day Tour from San Francisco
Join us on a fun and relaxing Napa Valley Wine Tour on one of our luxury coaches. During our full day tour from San Francisco, you will visit renowned Napa Valley and Sonoma Wineries for tasting, learn about winemaking techniques, and shop for wines and souvenirs in local shops. Taste the finest wines of Napa Valley, have lunch and shop in Yountville or Sonoma Square Plaza, and enjoy the picturesque drive over the Golden Gate Bridge through fantastic Napa Wine Country on our wine country tour.
Napa and Sonoma are world-famous for their fine wine and beautiful scenery. Learn about wine from our expert guides as you travel north to California’s Premiere wine country. Then tour wineries and see how grapes are picked, crushed, blended and bottled; walk through beautiful vineyards with your tour guide and then taste the finished product. There will also be time for lunch at Historical Sonoma Square or Vintage 1870 in the heart of Napa.
- Hotel pickup included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Bay with its stunning views from the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate bridge offer the perfect beginning of your journey with Gray Line San Francisco. The infamous prison island Alcatraz is centered in the middle of the bay. A must do while visiting San Francisco. Contact us for tickets!
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
The tour crosses the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Stop At: Viansa Sonoma, 25200 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, CA 95476-9222
Idyllically situated at the summit of the Sonoma Valley, Viansa embodies the proud history of local wine making. From their hilltop, you will enjoy a stunning view of the Carneros region. The legacy of Viansa, dates back to 1896 when Samuele Sebastiani arrived from Tuscany and saved enough money, while making cobblestones for San Francisco streets, to purchase vineyard property in 1904. Following in his footsteps, Samuele’s children and grandchildren continued the tradition of sharing great wine, supporting the land from where it comes, and through passionately maintaining precious wetlands that are vital to our ecosystem. Founded by Samuele’s grandson in 1989, Viansa Sonoma remains committed to producing wines of true excellence while continuing the tradition of land stewardship and wine making that defines the Sonoma Valley.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Roche Winery, 122 W Spain St Just Off the Northwest Corner of Sonoma Square, Sonoma, CA 95476-5616
Our second stop will bring you to Roche family boutique winery. where they offer over 35 years of award-winning wine making experience, several vineyard designate wines, varietals and blends, as well as their famous down-to-earth Irish hospitality.
The Roche Family welcomes you to visit either our Sonoma winery tasting room where we offer daily barrel tastings, indoor and outdoor wine tasting bars, light bites, and a shaded outdoor tasting patio with fireplaces.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, CA
Lunch Time! After all the wine tasting it is necessary to refuel with some unique culinary fare.
The quaint streets are filled with cafes, restaurants and shops with multiple options for your lunch experience.
Remember after lunch there is still another winery to end the day.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Napa Valley, Napa Valley, California
No visit to northern California is complete without a trip to Napa Valley. We take you through the heart of wine country. It is known for hundreds of hillside vineyards, showing off some of the most reknowen and award winning wines of California.
Stop At: Madonna Estate, 5400 Old Sonoma Rd, Napa, CA 94559-9708
Their wines have been handcrafted and family owned in Napa Valley for nearly a century. They are created from 100 percent organically grown grapes, located in the Carneros region of the Napa Valley.
None of the wines available for purchase are found in any retail stores.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
On our way back to San Francisco, we will stop at the famous Golden Gate Bridge. This will allow the opportunity to experience this historic structure and see the beauty of the San Francisco Bay. Once you disembark the coach you will have plenty of time to take photos, and enjoy the panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay and San Francisco Skyline.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury motor-coach with restroom and power outlets
- Professional guide
- Winery and vineyard tours
- Wine-tastings fees
- Choose from two departure locations in San Francisco: Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- Entry/Admission - Viansa Sonoma
- Entry/Admission - Roche Winery
- Entry/Admission - Madonna Estate
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- No Hotel Pick-ups or Drop offs (Pick up from 2 departure zones only)
- Entry/Admission - Sonoma Plaza
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 21 years.
- Please note: Depending on the day of your tour, the order of the wineries you visit, as well as which wineries you visit could change depending on availability and other determining factors.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.27 out of 5 stars based on 2431 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities