Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour
The tour departs from Fisherman's Wharf with a knowledgeable guide. Relax in comfortable seats and enjoy the scenic views while your tour guide shares fun and informative facts along the way. You will cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and have breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay. The tour continues along the Pacific Coast Highway, providing stunning views of the coastal mountains near Mt. Tamalpais, the highest point in the Northern California Coast Ranges, and then heading further to Muir Woods National Monument.
Muir Woods is home to Coast Redwoods, some of the world's tallest trees. With maps in hand, take a walk through these spectacular woods and take in the immense natural beauty. Set aside in 1908 as a federally protected area, Muir Woods National Monument is the only surviving stand of Old Growth forest in the Bay Area today. There are a number of paved walking trails where visitors can get a close look at the magnificent giants. Other unpaved walking trails lead up the hills to explore the area further. (Admission to Muir Woods included, $15 per person)
After 1.5 hours in Muir Woods your tour takes you to charming Sausalito - a small Mediterranean-like village in Marin County, home to some of the country's wealthiest citizens. Sausalito is a gorgeous destination that offers unique boutique shopping, art galleries, fabulous mansions, amazing food and breathtaking views of the bay.
If you wish to spend time in Sausalito, you can get dropped off there and can enjoy a ferry ride back to San Francisco with beautiful views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco skyline as well Alcatraz Island (ferry tickets not included).
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
This is a architectural structure constructed in 1915 in the Marina district
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
The most famous iconic bridge in San Francisco
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Bay area will include views of Alcatraz., Angel Island, Tiburon and other islands.
Pass By: Marina District, Chestnut St, San Francisco, CA
The Marina District is the city's northern shore housing the Palace of Fine arts, Fort Mason, Marina green , etc
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
You will have 1 hour in the woods to explore. It is the largest redwood forest on the west coast.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Mount Tamalpais State Park, 801 Panoramic Hwy, Mill Valley, CA 94941-1788
It's deep canyons and sweeping hillsides are cloaked with cool redwood forests, oak woodlands, open grasslands, and sturdy chaparral.
Pass By: Sausalito Ice House Visitors Center, 780 Bridgeway Foot of El Portal Street at the Ferry Pier, Sausalito, CA 94965-2159
This is a beautiful town on the other side of the Golden gate bridge which has great shopping, restaurants and an amazing view of the San Francisco Skyline.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 99 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- - Guided tour from San Francisco to Muir Woods and Sausalito
- - Entrance ticket to Muir Woods ($15 value)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- - Food and beverages
- - Tips and gratuity
- - Hotel pick up and Drop off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- There are approximately 1.5 miles (ca. 2.4 km) of paved, wheelchair accessible trails in Muir Wood
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- You need to be at the starting point at least 30 mins prior to tour time
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 3.76 out of 5 stars based on 21 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our tour guide was fantastic. He was very informative about the area leading to as well as the woods themselves. These woods are so pristine, gorgeous, awe inspiring, massive and serine. We had about 2 hours to walk around and take pictures and take in the beauty. We left the woods and then drove through Sausalito which is both beautiful and a shoppers paradise. We did not get off the bus as we had another engagement. Highly recommend this excursion.
I highly recommend going to Muir Woods when in San Francisco it is a chance to see trees that lived in the time of Christ and through the total history of America.
James was a great guide and very informative on many aspects of the Muir Woods and how it all came to be. Great insight.
Muir Woods is awesome, tranquil and majestic. The hop-on hop-off bus was very convenient. The drive to/from the woods was a bit harrowing... the roads are narrow, twisty and challenging so I was thankful someone else was doing the driving.
Sausalito is very cute with great restaurants and shops.
You get some history of San Francisco, get to see Sausalito and the redwoods. Very nice tour.
Well organised. Stop at vista point enroute to take pictures of city. On time, great driver, very informative highly recommend
It was an interesting tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-7136P2
Similar Tours & Activities