Salt River Kayaking Trip
The trip is a scenic, unguided, two-hour kayaking journey down the Lower Salt River. Starting at Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch, you and your group will kayak down a leisurely five mile stretch of river as it moves it's way through the Tonto National Forest. Participants often witness wild horses, birds and other wildlife that cool off in the river during the summer months.
We have the special privilege of being the only kayak rental company located right on the Salt River, so our trips launch directly from our site which you are returned to via shuttle after your trip. Each reservation includes a kayak rental, paddle, PFD (personal flotation device) and return shuttle to starting site.
Launches are scheduled by times. Please adjust the schedule below according to your launch time.
20 minutes prior to launch time - Arrive at Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch, complete waivers, prepare belongings, receive safety orientation. Water, sunscreen and dry bags are for sale. Activity gear will be distributed. Orientation will include basic paddling, water safety and geography of the river. Orientation is mandatory.
Launch time - Your group launches into Salt River from on-site location. Enjoy your trip!
2 hours after launch time - Trip concludes at Foxtail Administration Site. Shuttle picks up you and your gear for return to Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch.
• Saguaro Lake Ranch Kayaking & Tubing, 13020 N Bush Hwy, Mesa, AZ 85215-9724
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Transport by air-conditioned shuttle
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Maximum weight is 275 lbs
- No tandems available
- Dress to be in the heat and to get wet!
- Participant must be comfortable with an unguided river excursion
- Must sign a waiver prior to arrival (will be emailed to you after booking)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 60 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities