Small Group Apache Trail Day Tour with Dolly Steamboat from Phoenix
Spend the day following the historic Apache Trail on a guided true wilderness adventure. Enjoy a visit to Goldfield Ghost Town, Tortilla Flat, and a boat ride on Canyon Lake. It's a perfect day out in the Sonoran Desert. Choose between a small-group or private option. If you select the private option, you can also select your departure time.
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apache Trail Scenic Drive, Apache Trail, AZ 85117
Only minutes from the city, the Apache Trail is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Sonoran desert. Arizona’s first designated “Historic Highway” and a scenic byway, the original Apache Trail was a footpath by which the local Apache Tribe traveled through the Superstition Mountains.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Superstition Mountains, 4087 E. Apache Trail 5 miles Northeast of Apache Junction, AZ 85119
View these stunning desert mountains as you drive along the Apache Trail
Stop At: Canyon Lake, 16802 N.E. Highway 88, Tortilla Flat, AZ
During your tour along the Apache Trail, you will also be treated to a steamboat cruise on Canyon Lake by the famous Dolly Steamboat.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Dolly Steamboat, 16802 AZ-88, Apache Junction, AZ 85119, USA
As part of the six mile narrated nature cruise, there may be opportunities to see bighorn sheep, bald eagles, and a host of other desert animals as well as unforgettable views of 1,300 ft. volcanic cliff walls of Canyon Lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Lost Dutchman State Park, 6109N E Apache Trl 5 miles Northeast of Apache Junction off State Route 88, Apache Junction, AZ 85119-8656
Tortilla Flat has become a fixture of the Apache Trail since its inception in 1904. Not fire, drought, or bandits could destroy this hearty stage stop which holds onto its rich tradition through its architecture and unique decorating sense. If you get too warm, you can quite literally “saddle up” to the bar and enjoy a cold beverage to cool you down. This rugged landscape in the Sonoran Desert has been the jewel that some men were looking for with the most famous involving the Lost Dutchman Mine. Rumored to have found the largest gold vein in the west, German immigrant Jacob Waltz trusted his newly found gold deposit to no one and the secret of its location was buried with him. If you have the “golden eye” maybe you can spot it while on tour!
Stop At: Tortilla Flat, Tortilla Flat, Arizona
Two of the more colorful stops along the Apache Trail are Goldfield Ghost Town and Tortilla Flat.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Goldfield Ghost Town, 4650 N Mammoth Mine Rd, Apache Junction, AZ 85119-9465
Goldfield, aptly named after the precious metal found in the area, was incorporated in 1892. For five long years this town was a gold miner’s paradise, however, soon after the vein stopped producing Goldfield quickly turned into a gold mining ghost town. During the tour you will have a chance to spend time in this restored ghost town practicing your gold panning techniques, marveling at the original mining gear, or even spending some time at Lu Lu’s Bordello if you dare.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time:
Confirm time with the local provider in advance of your experience.
1/1/2022 - 11/26/2023
Wednesday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM Friday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM Sunday : 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from select Phoenix area hotels
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Canyon Lake
- Entry/Admission - The Dolly Steamboat
- Entry/Admission - Goldfield Ghost Town
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Arizona state law requires children under 8 years to have either a child seat or booster. Child seats are not provided, please bring your own
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Wheelchairs that can fold up are acceptable on tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.54 out of 5 stars based on 54 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities