Arches National Park 4x4 Adventure from Moab
Hop into a Toyota Land Cruiser with your expert guide and head north from Moab to the backcountry entrance of Arches National Park and avoid the crowds.
Our first stop is to see dinosaur footprints. For millions of years this area was teeming with dinosaurs.
We pass Balanced Rock, one of the most iconic features of the Park, standing a staggering 128 feet. Landscape look familiar? Indiana Jones, and Thelma and Louise have scenes shot here.
The 4X4 trail into the backcounty climbs a short but steep rock wall passing sandstone fins, towering pinnacles and tall spires known as the Marching Men. We stop at Tower Arch for an optional hike.
As you travel along the track, hear informative commentary about the geology, wildlife and history of the park.
We make another stop at Eye of the Whale for an optional hike to a seldom visited slick rock playground named Herdina Park.
After exploring the backcountry we exit past the three gossips and Park Avenue before your guide returns you to Moab.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Family friendly
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arches National Park, Moab, UT
Visit Arches National Park on a 4-wheel drive (4WD) tour that features spectacular sandstone arches and access to areas that most visitors don't see. An expert guide will maneuver your 4WD past red rock highlights such as Marching Men, Tower Arch and Eye of the Whale. Experience these monuments and more up close and learn about the park’s wildlife and history.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Mill Canyon Dinosaur Trail, Off US191 near milepost 141, Moab, UT 84532
This 5-hour tour even includes a stop to see fossilized dinosaur tracks, left behind millions of years ago when dinosaurs roamed the region.
Stop At: Eye of the Whale Arch, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Eye of the Whale Arch is located in the Herdina Park area of Arches. An optional 1/2 mile hike leads you under the arch to an outcropping of seldom visited red rock formations .
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tower Arch, Klondike Bluffs, Arches National Park, UT 84532
An optional hike to the awe-inspiring Tower Arch begins at the foot of the bluff, where the 4WD road ends. From here, the route is rocky and steep, though short. Tower Arch itself is very large with a 92-foot span and can be viewed from the trailhead for those opting out.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- National Park Tour by Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
- Pick-up from your motel or campground, if needed
- Ice water & lemonade
- Licensed experienced local guide
- Entry/Admission - Eye of the Whale Arch
- Entry/Admission - Tower Arch
- Food and drinks
- Park entrance fees ($15/person)
- Car or booster seats for children
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Things to bring: camera, water bottle (free refills available) and sun protection
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- “NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessionaire of Canyonlands and Arches National Park
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
Average 4.68 out of 5 stars based on 251 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities