Seattle Locks Cruise
This one-way cruise starts & ends at two different locations, giving you an opportunity to explore both Lake Union and downtown Seattle (pay attention to your specific marina departure location when booking).
Situated in the heart of Seattle, Lake Union is home to the famous floating home community seen in the classic movie Sleepless in Seattle. See seaplanes taking off and landing on a regular basis commercial docks with vessels from the hit TV show Deadliest Catch. Pass under the Fremont Bridge, the most frequently opened drawbridge in the United States, and cruise past several of Seattle’s historic neighborhoods.
On your way from the freshwater of Lake Union to the saltwater of the Puget Sound, pass through the Ballard Locks. These locks raise and lower vessels an average of 20 feet between Lake Union and sea level.
Once in Puget Sound, take in the views: Seattle's unique skyline, the Olympic Mountains and Mt Rainier, and large ferry boats taking passengers to and from the city.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Union, North of downtown, south of Fremont, Seattle, WA
Begin OR end (depending on your tour direction - check your ticket) your cruise on the bustling southern end of this lake in the heart of the city
Pass By: Lake Union Drydock Co, 1515 Fairview Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
See large commercial fishing vessels hauled out of the water in drydocks at one of the oldest businesses on Lake Union
Pass By: Floating Homes Association, 2329 Fairview Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
See several of Lake Union's famous floating home communities, including the one featured in the classic movie "Sleepless in Seattle"
Pass By: Gas Works Park, 2101 N Northlake Way, Seattle, WA 98103-9122
Witness the decommissioned coal gasification plant that became one of Seattle's favorite parks
Pass By: Fremont Bridge, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Your vessel barely fits under the colorfully-decorated Fremont Bridge, one of the busiest drawbridges in the United States
Pass By: Ship Canal Trail, W. Nickerson St & 6th Ave. W., Seattle, WA
Cruise down the Lake Washington Ship Canal and peek at several of Seattle's historic neighborhoods
Pass By: Fishermen's Terminal, 3919 18th Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
Marvel at commercial fishing vessels of all sizes and learn about Seattle's fishing and maritime history
Pass By: Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, 3015 NW 54th St, Seattle, WA 98107-4213
Experience your vessel being lowered an average of 20 ft (6m) from the freshwater level of Lake Union to the saltwater level of Puget Sound in this 100+ year old locking system
Pass By: 3801 Discovery Park Blvd, Seattle, WA 98199-1029
Learn the history of Seattle's largest park and enjoy the photo opportunities of West Point Lighthouse on its beaches
Pass By: Puget Sound, Washington, USA
Experience expansive views of this inland body of saltwater and its surrounding islands and mountain ranges. If you're lucky, you may even glimpse some wildlife!
Pass By: Space Needle, 400 Broad Street, Seattle, WA 98109-4607
Enjoy unobstructed views of the Space Needle and the Seattle skyline from the water
Pass By: Argosy Cruises - Seattle Waterfront, 1101 Alaskan Way Pier 55 Ticket Booth and Reservation Center, Seattle, WA 98101-2981
End OR begin (depending on your tour direction - check your ticket) at Seattle's central waterfront, a short walk from the Seattle Aquarium, Pike Place Market, and the Seattle Art Museum
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: 1: Argosy Cruises - Lake Union, Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
2: Pier 54, 1001 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
- 2 hour narrated boat tour through the Ballard Locks
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase on board)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Kids (3 and under) ride free but do require a boarding pass
- All vessels offer both indoor & outdoor seating
- All vessels have bathrooms
- Wheelchair accessible. PLEASE CALL in advance to secure crew/boarding support.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Check-in 30 minutes prior to tour - Boarding starting 20 minutes prior to departure
- Gates close 5 minutes prior to tour departure time for boat preparation and safety checks
- ALERT! TWO POSSIBLE DEPARTURE LOCATIONS THAT CHANGE DEPENDING ON TIME OF YEAR! BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR TICKETS! This is a one way tour that starts & ends at two different central Seattle marinas. Check your departure location carefully on your reservation confirmation. If unsure - call Argosy Cruises
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 135 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Masks are optional
Average 4.10 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities