Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
Scottsdale’s 2020-2021 #1 ranked TripAdvisor outdoor activity. Our rigorous Sunset Desert Jeep Tour is a bumpy off-road sightseeing tour through the scenic Jeep trails of the Tonto National Forest, north of Scottsdale, Arizona.
Experience a world-famous Arizona sunset (weather dependent) as our professional tour guides teach you about the Sonoran desert flora, fauna, and Native American history. At sunset, we will stop at our panoramic lookout point overseeing the historic Great Western Trail.
This is a public tour (not private). Public tour vehicles: Modified open-air vertical-row (sideways) seating Jeep Gladiator (14 seats) and Jeep YJ (7 seats).
Total duration of this tour ranges from 2 to 3 hours depending on the time of year. Confirm the exact end time with your tour guide before the tour.
Off-Road Jeep Adventures is a special recreation permit-holder through the U.S. Department of Agriculture: Cave Creek Ranger District.
There is an individual weight limit of 275 lbs
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tonto National Forest, Arizona
Our permitted Tonto National Forest trails are connected to North Scottsdale, Arizona. The trailhead is located 15 minutes northeast of our operations office.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Pinnacle Peak Park, 26802 N 102nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85262-8331
Pinnacle Peak is a scenic 3,169 foot granite summit located in North Scottsdale, Arizona
Pass By: Reata Pass, Scottsdale, AZ 85262, USA
The last standing buildings of an old western town located in North Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tonto National Forest
- Warm clothing (October - March)
- Closed-toed shoes (no sandals)
- Tour Guide gratuity - contactless gratuity available through Venmo
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory.
- This is a guide-led tour; guests will NOT be driving the Jeep.
- From November to February, bring a coat or jacket. The temperature will drop ~20 degrees after sunset.
- Our bumpy off-road Jeep tours are low-speed, jarring rides through rough terrain. Please ensure that every guest in your party understands that this off-road tour is a low-speed, bumpy ride through rough terrain.
- Please carefully review our list of health restrictions and requirements. Due to safety concerns, we are unable to accommodate guests who do not meet the tour requirements.
- No Neck Problems.
- Not recommended for passengers who get motion sickness.
- Weight limit per seat: 275 pounds. Please contact our office at least 24 hours before the tour to make special arrangements.
- Must be physically able to climb a step ladder to enter the lifted Jeeps.
- Not recommended for passengers with any condition that could be aggravated by a rough, bumpy, and jarring off-road Jeep tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This is a public tour (not private). If you would like to reserve a Jeep for your group only + the tour guide, feel free to book our private tour option.
Average 4.99 out of 5 stars based on 186 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities