Southern Flavors Savannah
Southern Flavors Savannah Taste Tour 12 Noon Daily $49 Per Person
A fun, delicious food and history walking tour of Historic Downtown Savannah. The tour begins at Tondee's Tavern, 7 East Bay Street. Please arrive at least ten minutes before your tour time. Please allow additional time to find parking if needed. Visit restaurants and eateries while learning the history of the city. Food tastings and a drink (sweet tea, soda, water) are included in the ticket price. We try very hard to accommodate guests with dietary issues, and especially food allergies but please remember, some restaurants have limited items available.
Southern Flavors Savannah Taste Tours are 3-hour tasting and walking tours where you will enjoy an exciting food tasting experience while walking through the squares and historic district of the Hostess City of the South. Tours are suitable for all ages.
*Alcoholic beverages are not included in the ticket price.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Savannah Historic District, 301 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Savannah, GA 31401-4217
Meet your guide at noon INSIDE Tondee’s Tavern, 7 East Bay Street in downtown Savannah Georgia. After trying their award winning SHRIMP AND GRITS over a brief introduction to the HISTORY OF THE CITY, as well as Tondee’s Tavern, enjoy a bite from their famous CHEESECAKE MARKET, Then begin walking around the city’s HISTORIC WATERFRONT on your way to THE BAYOU CAFE for FRIED CRAB CLAWS and their famous HAND MADE HOT SAUCE. After HIDDEN TUNNELS ON FACTORS WALK, we will visit CHARLIE and the other GHOSTS OF TANDEM COFFEE AND SPIRITS at the East Bay Inn over TOMATO BRUSCHETTA AND PROSECCO. Next up, the history of REYNOLDS and JOHNSON Squares en rout to P.S. TAVERN for a taste of Savannah’s best BBQ. On to locals, BELOW ZERO for FRIED OREOS just off JOHNSON SQUARE. The tour will then head to the HISTORIC RIVERFRONT to visit DUB’S PUBLIC HOUSE for PIMENTO CHEESE and BEER CHEESE as well as PRETZEL BITES. Taste enough samples for a filling lunch.
As you walk, you will learn about Savannah’s long and fascinating history as Georgia’s hostess city of the South. From the first wooden ships to cross the Atlantic Ocean, to the city’s secret Shanghai Tunnels, to Forrest Gump, we will talk all things Savannah.
This food tour is conducted at a leisurely pace but please consider bringing a bottle of water, checking the forecast to see in an umbrella or sunscreen is needed and of course, walking shoes. Conclude your tour very close to where you started at noon. Everyone is welcome however we can only do our best for folks with dietary restrictions or food allergies. Food allergies are of course of the upmost imprtance. Please communicate any issues as far in advance as possible. Also, this is a histoic city, uneven surfaces and stairs are part of this tour. Mobility issues should also be advised in advance.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Tondee's Tavern, 7 E Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Food tasting
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Savannah Historic District
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.75 out of 5 stars based on 8 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Great food and great guide. Aubry new Savannah. My wife and I had our best ever Shrimp and Grits at our first stop.
excellent tour. Our guide, Aubrey, was great. we had a great group with us and great food samples. we would recommend this tour. food and drinks everywhere
Our experience with Southern Flavors was fantastic! Our guide was informative and personable and the stops along the way were so well presented and flavourful. Highly recommend!
The Tour was excellent. Great way to taste different foods around Savannah, but also a great way to get some Historical information about the City. The Tour Guide was awesome and was able to provide a lot of historical Information and was able to answer most questions.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-89780P1
Similar Tours & Activities