Kitty Hawk Maritime Forest Kayak Tour
The Kitty Hawk Woods Maritime Forest Kayak Tour is hands down one of the best family ecotours experiences to be had on the islands of the OBX. A beginner friendly environment explores a calm, glassy creek that meanders through the natural glory of one of North Carolina’s largest track of deciduous maritime forest habitat.
Beginner Friendly Tour
Search for osprey, egrets, herons. turtles and maybe river otter
Safe, fun & educational
Price Match Guarantee
Quality Sit In Kayaks
Available year round
We are the only kayak outfitter on the Outer Banks certified by the American Canoe and Kayak Association with trained and certified guides.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kitty Hawk Woods Reserve, 983 W Kitty Hawk Rd, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949-4240
The Kitty Hawk Woods Maritime Forest Kayak Tour will explore the Kitty Hawk Woods Coastal Preserve in Kitty Hawk, NC. The Reserve encompasses a total of 1,824 acres and is bordered by Currituck Sound on the west, and Kitty Hawk Bay to the south, which contain the Reserve’s Kitty Hawk Bay Islands. Kitty Hawk Woods hosts several globally rare plant communities, including Maritime Deciduous Forest, Maritime Swamp Forest, and ponds.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 90 to 120 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Kayak, paddle, life jacket and 1st aid kit.
- Does not include gratuity.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 13 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor