Alligator River Kayak Adventure
Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge is a 125,000 acre wildlife preserve managed by the United States Fish & Wildlife Service. This incredible wildlife corridor was also home to an old logging and whiskey distilling community during Prohibition. Who knew the OBX had black bear and endangered red wolves? Also see snowy egrets, great blue herons, and turtles.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, Route 64/264, Manns Harbor, NC 27953
Go on an unforgettable kayaking trip through the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge on the Outer Banks. A true Outer Banks treasure kayaking amidst the natural beauty of the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, home to an old logging and whiskey distilling community during Prohibition. Who knew the OBX had black bear and endangered red wolves? Also see snowy egrets, great blue herons, and turtles.
2 Hour Experience
Search for alligators, black bear, bald eagles, turtles, egrets, osprey, river otter & red wolves
Available year round
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Includes kayaks, life jackets, safety equipment and paddles.
- Entry/Admission - Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge
- Does not include gratuity.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Average 4.75 out of 5 stars based on 8 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor