Skip-The-Line Graceland VIP Tour & Sun Studio Memphis Daytrip from Nashville
Located on the Mighty Mississippi River, Memphis is the birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll, the capital of Blues and home to some of the best barbecue you can put in your mouth.
Celebrate 60 years of Rock ‘n’ Roll with a visit to Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland. We’ll see the burial site of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, walk through the Elvis car museum, and see two deluxe airplanes that he used for tours and traveling. We will also take time for lunch on your own at Graceland, allowing you to get even more out of your time at this world-renowned place.
Next, learn what accident set Rock ‘n’ Roll in motion at famed Sun Studios in the heart of Memphis. Take a guided tour and hear the stories of how many legends got their start here, such as Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Elvis Presley.
PEABODY HOTEL & BEALE STREET
See the famous Peabody ducks make their way down the red carpet at the lavish Peabody Hotel. Then take time on your own to explore Beale Street.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Tours, Nashville, TN 37201
Travel from Nashville, aka Music City, to the Mississippi and experience legendary Memphis on this full-day tour, starting with hotel pickup in the early morning.
Stop At: Graceland, 3717 Elvis Presley Blvd., Memphis, TN 38116
After the 4-hour journey, celebrate the history of rock ‘n’ roll with a visit to Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland. Use your VIP-access pass (complete with a souvenir lanyard) to visit the burial site of 'the King,' walk through the Elvis car museum, and see two deluxe airplanes used for tours and traveling.
Take time for lunch on your own at Graceland (own expense) before re-boarding the coach.
Stop At: Sun Studio, 706 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103-3218
Next, head to Sam Phillips’ famed Sun Studios, located in the heart of downtown Memphis. Take a 1-hour guided tour to see what the recording process was like. Hear tales of how legends like Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and the King himself got their start here.
Stop At: The Peabody Ducks, 149 Union Ave The Peabody Memphis, Memphis, TN 38103-2638
Afterward, see the famous Peabody ducks make their way down the red carpet from their fountain to the elevator as they head to bed at the lavish Peabody Hotel and learn how this unusual tradition was started.
Stop At: Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103
Then spend about an hour on your own to explore Beale Street, famous for its blues and barbecue, or take a short stroll to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum (admission is your own expense). Depart this lively downtown scene for the return to Nashville, with drop-off at your hotel after dark.
Pass By: Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum, 191 Beale St, Memphis, TN 38103-3715
Museum located on famous Beale Street in downtown Memphis.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
*Please be in your hotel lobby at 6:30am. Hotel Pickup will commence prior to this time.
- Duration: 15 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Nashville to Memphis Day-Trip
- Round-Trip Transportation aboard Air-Conditioned Coach Bus
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Admission to Graceland with VIP Access
- Guided 1-hour Tour of Sun Studio
- Free time to explore Beale Street in Downtown Memphis
- Entry/Admission - Graceland
- Entry/Admission - Sun Studio
- Lunch (own expense)
- Souvenirs and Personal Expenses
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible coaches available; please contact tour operator 48 hours before scheduled departure
- Minimum number of 12 apply to run tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- MULTI-LINGUAL AUDIO GUIDES: Optional Audio Guides are provided for the Graceland portion of the tour ONLY. The Graceland Mansion Tour offers tours in the following languages: English, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese and French.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We do not require our guests to wear face masks, but we do encourage you to wear them when you are within 6’ of another guest outside your household.
Average 4.70 out of 5 stars based on 70 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
The trip with Cool Destinations to Memphis from Nashville was as great as we had hoped! The driver was prompt with pickups and drop offs and Graceland was well worth the long day (for over 80's sisters... Graceland lived up to our expectations and was most interesting, especially the surrounding buildings. Sun Records was a trip down Memory Lane with all the equipment used to make Elvis's records before he signed with RCA, for whom I worked for many years. Thanks for a good day!!
A long day but well worth it - was told to be in lobby by 6:30 but wasn’t picked up til 7:05 (our hotel was in Midtown), then a small shuttle to a larger bus near the stadium, left Nashville by 7:30 for Memphis. Our driver Richard was great! On the ride were 2 good DVDs of Elvis which made the 3 hour bus ride go quickly. VIP tour is the only way to go at Graceland can definitely see everything in 3 hours. Sun Studio was awesome, and Richard has the best recommendation for ribs in Memphis.
Graceland was a feast for Elvis fans!
The tour was worth taking. People did not get off the bus for Sun Studios, that was a mistake. The Sun studio tour was fun animated and a piece of musical history upfront and personal.
Beale Street also is a huge chunk of musical history. One band was better than the other in the middle of the afternoon.
The bus itself was less than okay. In our advanced digital world not having dvd that works and not having Elvis movies that are referenced in your promo video is not acceptable. Also, not having music that can be played in dead zones is just cheap.
Theses are things that would have enhanced the bus trip which is about 7.5 hours of the day trip experience.
Excellent day, Graceland was a little confusing, we needed a little more info on how things were going to go.
Took the Greyline tour to Memphis from Nashville. Tonya our driver and guide was fantastic. Highly recommend.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3131P24
Similar Tours & Activities