Mexican Mole Sauce Workshop & Dinner for small groups
Mole is a beloved dark sauce that originates from Mexico and can include up to 20+ ingredients, (chiles, nuts, spices, chocolate and more). Both the Oaxaca and Puebla regions of Mexico claim to be the origin of this mouthwatering delicacy, but I´m going to tell you the story about this traditional family recipe, and the changes that you can find in the different moles around Mexico.
• Learn the secret tips, techniques, and ingredients when crafting one of Mexico's most coveted sauces, Mole
• Guests will be welcomed with a refreshing hibiscus agua fresca and can BYOB
• Michelin-trained chef Carla will walk you step by step through the making mole process
• Guests will enjoy the mole sauce together afterward with a dinner
• This experience is bookable as a private event only
Local host Carla is a Michelin trained chef, having worked in restaurants like Carles Abellan in Spain. Carla’s husband is a professional Flamenco dancer who has founded the group “12 Tiempos. Flamenco Company.” Now in Chicago, the couple welcomes guests from around the world in their home for a unique, and memorable experience full of rich flavors.
You will get the chance to experience a unique and authentic cooking class with a local host, hand selected by Eatwith, the world’s largest community for authentic culinary experiences. Eatwith experiences are top rated on TripAdvisor and are loved by thousands of travelers from around the world!
• Mole served with chicken beans and green rice
• Delicius and fresh hibiscus infusion with cinnamon and ginger
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 1:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Meet and cook with a talented professional chef
- Easy-to-follow cooking class for all levels
- Bring home traditional recipes and culinary skills
- Drinks and beverages
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Guests need to communicate if they have any food restrictions (allergy, special diet, etc.)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To ensure the safety of our community, we’ve created health and safety guidelines and resources for our hosts based on the World Health Organization's recommendations. Learn more about our guidelines.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities