Chicago Architectural River Cruise
Take in the views on this award-winning 90-minute Architectural Tour, a jaw-dropping excursion through a city that defies all expectations!
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free snacks included
- Instant Confirmation
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Throughout our signature cruise one of our award-winning Docents will present more than 50 skyscrapers, bascule bridges, and historic sites.
Stop At: Chicago River, Chicago, IL
On your Architectural Tour, you will learn how the Great Chicago Fire jumped a river and allowed for visionaries of structural steel and plate glass, such as John Wellborn Root, William Le Baron Jenney, Louis Sullivan (Wright’s mentor) and Daniel Burnham, in less than ten years, lift Chicago from the ashes of the fire to new heights. Chicago’s ascent continued into the 20th century with titanic figures such as Bertrand Goldberg, Fazlur Khan and Mies van der Rohe – (higher/taller) buildings, sleeker – and it has soared in the 21st century with audacious new steeples such as The Trump Tower and Aqua designed by Jeanne Gang, an internationally known artist of architectural design.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 465 N McClurg Ct, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and cookies
- Live commentary on board
- Beer and wine (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 170 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We have added a full-time safety crew member who is dedicated to ensuring that all COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC and the City of Chicago are maintained. All passengers must board boats with protective masks and use them when they travel about the vessel or are in a group of 10 or more.
Average 4.75 out of 5 stars based on 167 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Our guide was an absolute wealth of knowledge: architecture, history, etc. Arrive early to get a good seat. Definitely pay attn to their directions as they are NOT on Navy Pier. Excellent value!
Lynn, our docent/guide was excellent and very familiar with the area. She was born and raised in Chicago, and had a wealth of knowledge on the architects and their style. She also provided information and recommendations on visiting various buildings in person. We would take the tour again.
I went with my daughter and husband on the cruise and we all loved it.
Very informative and entertaining
The visit does not have a selection that suits us, my husband and I attended with our adult daughter who was in Chicago for a training session. so I picked solo
The tour guide was extremely informative and we really enjoyed the time on the river. Plus, free drinks and cookies! Great way to learn about the city!!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Destinations specialist!.
Product code: COOL-32280P1
Similar Tours & Activities