Nassau Historical Walking Tour
Explore the historical city of Nassau on a guided walking tour.
Explore the historical city of Nassau on foot with a knowledgeable guide!
Pristine beaches are usually what attracts tourists to the Nassau shores but that's not all Nassau is known for. Take a historical walk through downtown Nassau with a local tour guide and learn about the history of The Bahamas. From piracy and slavery to the modern day Nassau, you will learn all about the rich history of the city.
The duration of the tour usually last between one hour to and hour and half which leaves for plenty of time to soak up some sun on the beach or revisit points of interest on the tour route.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Marlborough Street, Marlborough St, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Rawson Square, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Average 4.31 out of 5 stars based on 13 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We had a wonderful walking tour with our guide, Frederick. He arrived promptly to meet us for our 9 AM tour, and he provided us with a tremendous amount of information about the Bahamas, its history, and bush medicine. We walked the streets of Nassau and down the Queen's Steps. The weather was quite warm, and he made sure that everyone in our group was hydrated and able to keep pace with the tour. We also had the opportunity to visit Tasty Teas and the John Watling Distillery before ending our tour back where we started. I would highly recommend this tour and Frederick to anyone looking to get a local's glimpse into life on Nassau. Thanks for making our visit special!
The young man who led our tour did an amazing job- we got intimate details of the area as well as some insight into the history of bush medicine, he took time to answer all our questions and ran a great tour.
I have been to Nassau several times but this was a unique way to see and experience it. Our guide Trueranda was awesome and very knowledgeable. What a deal.
Our tour guide Tru was very knowledgeable and friendly. She showed us parts of Nassau the
average tourist does not see along the shops of Bay Street. The slave museum and Queens
steps were highlights of the tour. Finding tour meeting point requires you to check out bus
stop across from McDonald's not inside McDonald's.
FABULOUS tour. True was our guide and she could not have been any better! She was well informed and willing to discuss any/all topics we brought up, not just history. I HIGHLY recommend her! Confirmation was easy and she was right on time she easily tailored the tour to our interests and needs.
Very good tour for the money ! Saw some amazing sights ! Guide was actually early and took us around to all of the good basic local destinations that we could get to. She was very knowledgeable about culture, islands, and history and that is what we wanted. I would highly recommend her. Just remember it is a walking tour and you will walk ! Thanks again for all you did during tour !
Awesome Nassau historical tour with some very cool places on the way! I'm sad I didn't do this before I did it on my last day so couldn't enjoy it as much as I can. Great introduction to downtown Nassau and the Bahamian history. Thank you!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Nassau specialist!
Product code: COOL-22804P2
Similar Tours & Activities