Nassau Historical Walking Tour
Explore the historical city of Nassau on a guided walking tour.
Explore the historical city of Nassau on foot with a knowledgeable guide!
Pristine beaches are usually what attracts tourists to the Nassau shores but that's not all Nassau is known for. Take a historical walk through downtown Nassau with a local tour guide and learn about the history of The Bahamas. From piracy and slavery to the modern day Nassau, you will learn all about the rich history of the city.
The duration of the tour usually last between one hour to and hour and half which leaves for plenty of time to soak up some sun on the beach or revisit points of interest on the tour route.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Rawson Square, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Average 4.42 out of 5 stars based on 19 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We had a wonderful walking tour with our guide, Frederick. He arrived promptly to meet us for our 9 AM tour, and he provided us with a tremendous amount of information about the Bahamas, its history, and bush medicine. We walked the streets of Nassau and down the Queen's Steps. The weather was quite warm, and he made sure that everyone in our group was hydrated and able to keep pace with the tour. We also had the opportunity to visit Tasty Teas and the John Watling Distillery before ending our tour back where we started. I would highly recommend this tour and Frederick to anyone looking to get a local's glimpse into life on Nassau. Thanks for making our visit special!
The young man who led our tour did an amazing job- we got intimate details of the area as well as some insight into the history of bush medicine, he took time to answer all our questions and ran a great tour.
I have been to Nassau several times but this was a unique way to see and experience it. Our guide Trueranda was awesome and very knowledgeable. What a deal.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities