Death Valley Day Trip from Las Vegas
The Death Valley Day Tour from Las Vegas is a full day of sights, scenes and extremes you can only comprehend once you are there. The world has many strange places but none quite as strange, as beautiful and as deadly as Death Valley. You have the luxury of experiencing it in the comfort and safety of modern, air-conditioned vehicles.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rhyolite, Off Highway 374 Death Valley National Park, Beatty, NV 89003
Depart Las Vegas at 7am for your day tour to Death Valley. Your first stop will be the ghost town of Rhyolite, at the entrance to the National Park. This long abandoned gold mining community has been used as the set for many movies and documentaries.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes, Central Death Valley near Stovepipe Wells, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
You will then be driven down a beautiful winding highway and enter the center of Death Valley from the east; this is like entering a foreign and strange world of endless desert, vast valleys, harshly sculpted peaks and superbly adapted plants and animals formed over millions of years.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Furnace Creek Visitor Center, California Highway 190, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
Death Valley, the driest, hottest climate imaginable is an immense, wild land that man has never tamed. Capture the view of the valley from Hell’s Gate, well above the valley floor and then visit Badwater at 282 feet below sea level.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Badwater Rd. 19 mi south of Furnace Creek, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
You will also enjoy views and stops at Zabriskie’s Point, the Devil’s Golf Course, the Furnace Creek Museum, the Salt Lake, the Sand Dunes and Artists Pallet. The majestic mountains, colorful canyons, volcanic craters and salt pinnacles all make this trip a photographic-sightseers dream come true. For the truly adventurous, this tour is offered your-round!
Pass By: Artists Palette, 11 mi south of Furnace Creek off Badwater Road, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
Beautiful drive thru Artists Palate
Stop At: Devil's Golf Course, Badwater Rd., Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
Discover how the salt had formed the the Devils Golf Course.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Zabriskie Point, Route 190, Death Valley National Park, CA 92328
Small hike to see one of Death Valley's most inspiring views!
Duration: 25 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Breakfast - Continental Breakfast
- Entry/Admission - Rhyolite
- Entry/Admission - Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
- Entry/Admission - Devil's Golf Course
- Entry/Admission - Zabriskie Point
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise of your sandwich/lunch preference in the
- Special Requirements
- Field at the time of booking:
- Deluxe Turkey (cranberry sauce, stuffing and mayonnaise)
- Italian (combination of Genoa salami, capacolla and prosciutini)
- Garden salad with vinaigrette
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We do recommend guests wear a face mask, but this is not mandatory. Please be sure to bring one if you wish to wear it. All vehicles are sanitized prior to every tour and social distancing will be strongly encouraged.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing is encouraged and face masks are suggested for travelers and guides in public places when social distancing is not possible. Some public places may require face masks.
Average 4.97 out of 5 stars based on 30 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Linda, our guide, did an excellent job moderating our mini-bus tour to Death Valley and surrounding points of interest. She provided plenty of historical, geographical, and plant/wildlife information to keep us thinking about something other than the unseasonably hot temperatures! We were more than pleased with our tour and the care we received.
This tour was awesome and relaxing. Tour guide was very informative and took good care to keep us hydrated. This tour takes you to one hot place but boy is it beautiful! It is a true small group tour, on our trip there was 4 of us from all over but we quickly made each other feel like we were with friends. Our tour guide kept us informed and knew so much about the area the history, the sites, wildlife etc. I never imagined there was so much to see in this area but it was amazing.
Great tour -- the sights in Death Valley NP make you feel like you are in a different world. The tour guide gave good explanation and allowed us to spend a good amount of time at each stop. We were there in late October and it was still in the 90s.
5 stars! Tour guide, Clayton Bailey, was excellent. Trip estimated at 11 hours round trip was actually 11 hour round trip. Looking forward to having Clayton as NEXT tour guide. Learned TONS about Death Valley that I did not know before, way beyond the HUGE expanse that it is as a National Park. Clayton and I are both history nuts and he really knows his history of NV and Death Valley.
Nice mixture of other 3 tour participants and I do like these smaller group-tours .
Back for more trips via Cool Destinations in 2018!
We greatly enjoyed the Death Valley Tour. Dennis was timely with our pick-up and had the day well planned. He had a lot of interesting information and knowledge about the area and the sites. The provided lunch was pleasantly bigger than expected. The van was quite comfortable. We would definitely recommend the tour and Dennis.
This tour is simply awesome! Our tour guide Julian is very knowledgeable about all the geographical information of Death Valley which made the tour very interesting. He was punctual and gave us sufficient time to explore the sights. The lunch provided was good and the extra snacks given was very thoughtful.
I would highly recommend this tour if you haven't been to Death Valley as a 101 introduction to it.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-5119P17
Similar Tours & Activities