Are you interested in?
Sorting, ranking, and search results
Private Tour of Galveston
If you want to see all that Galveston Island has to offer, you will want to come with Joyride to capture all the history, fun and excitement that one of the oldest cities in Texas has to offer. Our tour guides share the knowledge of how the Storm of 1900 devastated the city and changed its trajectory for development. They know fun facts that kept the city thriving through the rough times of rebuilding and how Clara Barton played a special role in the city as well. They share tidbits of the intrigue, mystery and “illegal” activities that surrounded the city before and after the big storm! If you love old buildings and homes, you will love The Strand area! Let your guides show you what Galveston offers today and what makes it thrive like no other city in Texas.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, 2501 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-7955
See the history Pleasure Pier where there are huge rides and attraction right out over the ocean on the seawall.
Pass By: The Strand, 2100 Strand St, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-1633
One of the most historic parts of the Galveston Islands is the stand, where many of the old business, shops and restaurants are.
Stop At: The Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX
See the Gulf of Mexico at the Seawall in Galveston, where there are miles of beaches, surfing, sand castles and much more.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Port of Galveston, 123 Rosenberg Drive, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550
This is where all of the cruise ships come in to dock every week.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Private tour in air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - The Seawall
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 3.90 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Houston specialist!
Product code: C-129206P4
Similar Tours & Activities
Houston Private Photoshoot with a Professional Photographer
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Houston Museum of Natural Science General Admission