Best of Buffalo Double Decker Bus Tour
Trip Advisor has ranked our tour the #1 Thing To Do in Buffalo because we use a unique blend of humor and history to tell the story of Buffalo. Your guide for this trip is a costumed Irish police officer compete with brogue who has been transported from 1860 to today.
Expect wit, engaging stories and a bit of blarney on this tour that has been described at "...where the History Channel and Comedy Central meet." If you crave creative storytelling and audience participation, you'll love this tour experience.
We start with a walking tour aboard the ships in the Naval Park, America's largest inland Naval Park. From there we hop aboard our bus for an open air experience highlighting all the best sites in Buffalo including Millionaires Row, City Hall, the sprawling former Psychiatric Hospital and much more.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park, 1 Naval Park CV, Buffalo, NY 14202-4114
Tour begins with a 25 minute walking tour aboard the ships at the Buffalo Naval Park including the infamous USS The Sullivans.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Erie Basin Marina, 329 Erie St, Buffalo, NY 14202-4220
See beautiful views of where Lake Erie ends and the Niagara River begins. Learn about our interesting relationship with our northern neighbor just across the river--Canada.
Pass By: Buffalo Harbor State Park, 1111 Fuhrmann Blvd, Buffalo, NY 14203-3133
Hear and see the history of Buffalo's Outer Harbor, once home to a ramshackle community of squatter fishermen...now a beautiful park and nature preserve.
Pass By: Silo City, The Waterfront, Buffalo, NY
See the massive abandoned grain silos that once fed a nation. Hear how hard scrabble Irish immigrants struggled to make a living as 'Grain Scoopers'.
Stop At: The Barrel Factory, 65 Vandalia St Republic & Hamburg St, Buffalo, NY 14204-2739
We pause outside a 1903 Barrel Factory that is now Buffalo's largest distillery to experience the stories of Buffalo's blue collar neighborhoods where immigrants fought to live teh American dream.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Old Erie County Hall, 92 Franklin St, Buffalo, NY 14202-3925
See Buffalo's world renowned architecture which includes masterpieces by Sullivan, Richardson and Frank Lloyd Wright. We get beyond the bricks and mortar and focus on the compelling stories of people who lived, died and schemed to build Buffalo to become the 8th largest city in the nation.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 4:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Admission to the Buffalo Naval Park where we board the ships for a brief walking tour.
- Entry/Admission - Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park
- Entry/Admission - The Barrel Factory
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Upper Deck seats require navigating some small steps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 11 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Officer O’connor was very engaging, very knowledgeable of all the little tidbits about Buffalo, he kept the tour going never a dull moment, this tour with Officer O’connor and Walter is a must if you are in Buffalo.
Had a lot of fun, and heard some interesting stuff. Officer O'Connor, the bus tour guide was a riot. His wit and stories keep us laughing the entire tpur.
Our tour guide was so funny and interactive. We loved the bus and it was a cool way to be able to see Buffalo and learn about it. We booked the one with the tour of the Naval ships. My kids (6 and 9) loved it and so did the rest of the family. So glad we didn't miss this one on our Vacation.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities