Stained glass is a rare art these days, and classes are even harder to find. This distinctive art and straightforward instruction with unique tools make for a fun combo! Plus, how often do you get to break glass and melt metal?
How often do you get to dabble in an art form that began in the 600's AD?
Our class invites participants into century's-old techniques to create glass suncatcher ornaments. You'll learn how to create a design that works for the medium of glass, score and break colorful or clear art glass, and utilize techniques developed by Tiffany and others to bind the glass pieces together into a finished suncatcher ornament to bring home with you. (And yes, you can take it on a plane.)
Discounts for BIPOC
Absolute novices welcome!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All tools, materials, and safety equipment included
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- We'll be breaking glass and melting lead based solder, so as wonderful as they are, children and pets are not welcome at the studio. This studio is not ADA accessible =(
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 11 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought