2- Hour Pottery Workshop and Studio Tour in Ojai
Ojai has a 100-year history of ceramics. Our studio, located a mile from the city center, is surrounded by nature, in the midst of a fruit orchard.
We are the primary working studio for the great artists of the Ojai Valley. Visitors may watch potters work, and may "try their hand" at a range of techniques. After making their pottery, they may may pay a small fee for one of the potters to trim, glaze and high-fire the work. They may also come back to glaze their work themselves. We can hold the work for up to 3 months for visitors who want to come back and do their own glazing, AND we will even ship the pieces anywhere in the country...
We will first do a tour of the studio and gallery, looking at kinds of pottery, visiting the kilns and learning about the process. I do a quick "demo" of pottery throwing, and then visitors will don aprons, sit at their wheels, and (with hands-on help) begin making pots! Everyone should be able to make 3 or 4 pieces.
For safety purposes, all of our workshops are now PRIVATE for each group. Your group may be one person or 8, but you will not share the classroom with any other students.
• FIrestick Pottery, 1804 E Ojai Ave, Ojai, CA 93023-9625
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Play with Clay at a Pottery Studio
- Small fee ($15 per piece) for one of the potters to trim
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Classroom is outside.
Average 4.82 out of 5 stars based on 11 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor