Downtown Santa Barbara Food Tour
Eat delicious lunch food, drink great drinks and learn about downtown Santa Barbara on this 3.5ish-hour walking tour. Indulge your palate for a few hours with sipping, sampling, and savoring. You will visit 5-6 local eateries which includes one local wine tasting. Go where locals like to go. This fun, informative and local lunch tour is sure to pleasantly fill you up and entertain the whole family. Great for a daytime activity. Great way to learn about other places to eat and drink on your visit!
UPDATE AS OF 12.7.20
Please note when restaurant seating is closed or it rains, tours WILL CONTINUE BUT will pivot and transform into awesome to-go-style tours (unless otherwise specified)
TOURS CAN EASILY BE MADE PRIVATE - please email, call or text
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taste Santa Barbara Food Tours, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Due to COVID-19 things are looking a little different than before. We want to insure that our guests, guides and tasting partners are as healthy and safe as possible. Detailed information will be sent via confirmation of reservations.
During COVID-19 we visit 5-6 different tasting locations (food from 6-7 local spots), which also includes 1 wine tasting room.
Tastings and tasting locations are subject to change.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Santa Barbara County Courthouse, 1100 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-2099
Visit the outside of the Courthouse and if there is time, The Sunken Gardens
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arlington Theatre, 1317 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-2647
Learn about the history the The Arlington Theatre. We do NOT go inside the theatre.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Granada Theatre, 1214 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-2608
Learn about the history of The Granada Theatre. We do NOT go into the theatre.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Historic La Arcada Courtyard, 1114 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-2717
See and sometimes walk through the Plaza designed by famous Architect Myron Hunt.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Santa Barbara Downtown, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 12:00 PM
- Return Details: Santa Barbara Downtown, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- Local taxes
- Food and wine tasting
- Additional alcohol tasting (including wine or beer)
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Restaurant gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Taste Santa Barbara Food Tours
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Gratuities to tour guide (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old
- Please note: restaurants and tastings are subject to change
- Walking is involved
- Most restaurants are wheelchair accessible
- Kids - parents you know your kids best, kids are welcome, if you think they will have fun with the groups.
- NOT recommended for toddlers
- FOOD ALLERGIES/AVERSIONS: Vegetarian, dairy free and gluten free (not celiac) option are available, we will do our very best to accommodate you BUT if we don't know about your food allergies/aversions ahead of time, we cannot accommodate them. Please advise at time of booking if required - add your food requirements in the Special Requirements field upon booking.
- Special requirements other than food i.e. wheelchair or stroller - please add your requirements in the Special Requirements field upon booking.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- If you do not feel well please do not come.
- There is one bathrooms available that you can use at the start and finish of the tour.
- Guides do have hand sanitizer.
- Please remember your masks, we do not have extras.
Average 4.54 out of 5 stars based on 24 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Did a road trip from LA to Sacramento - this was one of our favorite things my husband and I did. You learn interesting facts about Santa Barbara and get to try some great food. My husband and I were stuffed by the end! Diane did a great job!
This tour is a fabulous way to enjoy great food and wine while learning some Santa Barbara history. Brittany our tour guide had an amazing personality and made our tour fun! She remembered all our names and encouraged interaction between the group. Seven places in about 3.5 hours. Two of the stops were to taste some locally made wines. We started at an award winning bakery and ended with pizza and ice cream. In between, we had a sampling of Asian cuisine and olive oil tasting at a local indoor marketplace. What really stood out was the excellent wines produced in Santa Barbara. Two tasting stops with four pours each. Time was allotted to purchase wine and olive oil if any in the group were interested with a 15 discount. Don't eat too much before you go on this tour. It's worth the cost and remember to tip.
We had a fun filled 3 hours with a knowledgeable and personable guide. She was a joy to be with and the food and wine experience she choose we diverse, interesting and delicious.
If you have a free afternoon in Santa Barbara, give it a try
A fantastic tour for those who like food, history, and meeting new people. Brittany Eggerts, our tour guide, did a great job explaining not only the food but also answering local history questions a pointing out points of interest. We had a wonderful afternoon enjoying shops that we would not have found ourselves. The macaroons were a great starter. Their is a little something for everyone's taste along the way.
Would recommend - their is a little walking involved wear good walking shoes along the way but you have plenty of stops along the way and can always catch the trolley back to your vehicle.
This was our very first food tour so we were not sure what to expect. We were hopeful based on the positive reviews.
Our guide Brittany was at the meeting place when we arrived a few minutes early. She advised us that we were the only ones to book the tour that day and she had no problem with that. She asked about any food allergies and food non-preferences and provided us each with a bottle of water. She told us it would take about 3-1/2 hours for the tour and that there would be water and restrooms available at each stop. She saw that we wore sneakers and dressed comfortably, which important since there would be a fair amount of walking.
We started at the top of Main St and worked down to near the bottom with some crisscrossing along the way. Brittany pointed out sights of interest along the way. She called ahead to each stop so there was hardly any wait time for our tasting. On the way between stops, she would explain what to expect and gave us background on the restaurant/wine bar. We enjoyed the mix of food/snacks/beverages.
Other reviewers mentioned that there was too much or too little to eat. In my opinion there was plenty to eat and at some stops, I got to eat what my wife couldn't finish. As a result, we were both satisfied with the amount of food and ended up having a light dinner that night.
I was very pleased that Brittany did not rush us at any of the stops. She said the tour would take about 3-1/2 hr and that is what it took.
It was a good mix of food and drink. We probably walked 10,000 steps, which was not a problem for us. At the end of the tour, she asked what was our favorite stop. This was really tough to answer. We enjoyed the macaroons, the noodle bowl, the pizza, the wine and the ice cream so it was hard to pick just one. She then took a some more time to answer questions we had about the area and other things to see and do while in the area.
This was such a good experience, we look forward to trying food tours in other cities after checking the reviews, of course.
We met up with Stephanie at a French cafe. She was a delight. The tour was so nice especially because we were on foot and we're able to view Santa Barbara through the eyes of a local. We enjoyed our experience thou roughly!
It was a wonderful. 3 hours. Lots of good food and interesting info about Santa Barbara history.
Really fun trip. Well planned and the people we met were also great. This was worth the money and gave us a chance to cram in a lot of Santa Barbara life in a short amount of time. Definitely recommend.
Excellent hostesses and great tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Santa Barbara specialist!
Product code: COOL-7606P1
Similar Tours & Activities