Nassau Rum and Food Walking Tour
What is a trip to the Caribbean without a little rum education? Taste your way through downtown Nassau on this rum and food walking tour with a friendly local guide. You’ll stop at four locations, including a pirate-themed pub and a chocolatier, to sample rum and rum cocktails, of course, plus rum-infused sweets, classic conch fritters and a Bahamian dessert. Finish up at John Watling’s Distillery for a look at how rum is made. This tour is limited to 10 people, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hillside House Art Gallery, 13 Cumberland St Hillside House, Nassau New Providence Island
Get an insiders view on the local art scene.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Graycliff Chocolatier, 8-14 West Hill Street, Nassau 00000 New Providence Island
Nassau's first and only bean to bar chocolate factory
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: John Watling's Distillery, Buena Vista Estate 17 Delancy Street, Nassau 00000 New Providence Island
Hand crafted rums of The Bahamas
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Pirate Republic Brewing, Woodes Rodgers Walk, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: John Watling's Distillery, Delancy St, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Local guide
- 6 rum tastings
- 3 cocktails
- Bites of Bahamian conch fritters
- 2 Rum-infused bonbons
- Local taxes
- Homemade rum cupcake
- Alcoholic Beverages - Rum Tasting Tutorial
- Entry/Admission - Hillside House Art Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Graycliff Chocolatier
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to consume alcohol in the Bahamas is 18 years old
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; rain gear provided if necessary
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the 2 passenger requirement. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 25 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
So I read in a lot of reviews that the Rum Tour was one of people's favorite parts of the trip. Turns out, they were right! Our tour guide MIKEY was the best! He was super funny, incredibly knowledgeable, and really on top of things. You learn a lot about piracy - which was nothing like the movies portray it - about the Bahamas and of course about rum. You get a surprising amount of food and drink for the price. It really is an incredible deal. I was a little bummed at first with the first set of rums we were trying because the majority were rums that are common in the US. BUT, Captain Morgan down there does not taste like it does up here! It has more vanilla and is way better. It was so good we bought a bottle to bring home! So don't be fooled by what you're getting - there are differences. The art studio was particularly awesome and we absolutely loved walking through the enormous, old hotel and seeing where the cigars are made and tasting chocolates. DO IT! And if possible, request MIKEY because he really was the best!!! He made the tour even better than it already was!!!
The tour was fun, it was the highlight of my trip. Mikey was knowledgeable and funny. I would definitely do this again
This was a fantastic tour and I would recommend it to those not travelling with children. There is a fair amount of walking and a good amount of rum tasting.
We visited Nassau on a cruise that had been re-routed from what was supposed to be a Cuba cruise. This walking tour was fun, and we learned a lot about Bahamian history and culture. The tour was supposed to start at 11:30, but it was almost an hour late in starting -- NOT the tour guide's fault... we were supposed to get a tasting of conch fritters to go with our rum sampling at the bar where the tour started, and the restaurant was very slow in serving (probably because they had a larger lunch crowd than expected). Mikey, our AWESOME tour guide, went back to the kitchen and cooked the fritters himself, as well as serving them. After sampling five different rums (generous samples) at the pirate-themed bar, we took our Bahama Mamas and walked to the next stop.
This was a fun, informative tour. There is a good bit of walking, mostly uphill -- I'd estimate about 1.5 miles in all. So wear comfortable shoes, and don't forget the sunscreen. Mikey was a great tour guide, as well as bartender, cook, and waiter! We enjoyed this tour and would highly recommend it.
This the best tour we have ever taken. Julio our tour guide was full of info about Nassau as well as the rum we drank. And would do this tour over again when I am in Nassau
This was a very informative tour. Lots of great info that we didn’t know about the island. Julio was our tour guide and we had a great time with him. The only thing I’d like to see is a better map of where the meeting place is other than that, great tour.
Our tour guide was great. Loved the pirate history. Tasty food, excellent rum. All the stops were beautiful. A great surprise was meeting the Owner of Grey Cliff and sampling some pizza. Not part of the tour.
Our tour was very enjoyable. I was amazed at the historical information regarding Nassau and the Bahamas and the knowledge of our guide. We had a late start due to other participants but the guide handled it graciously and continued to apologize to us that arrived as scheduled. The food was delicious with the Conch fritters being my favorite equally with the rum cake!
Julio was our guide and was awesome! I loved the history that was thrown into our tour, along with the rum, chocolates, and rum cake. This was a fun way to experience the town.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Destinations specialist!.
Product code: COOL-6558RUM