Historic Kayak Tour of Napa Valley
Our beautiful Napa River History Tour provides you with an intimate view of the little known and rich history of the Napa Valley. Traveling with us by kayak we will expose the area from a unique insiders perspective revealing Napa's most provocative secrets.
Beyond its lush natural scenery, Napa Valley also boasts a storied history.
Luckily, you can explore both of these elements with the Napa River History
Kayak Tour. Under the supervision of an experienced guide,
the tour will embark from 680 Main Street, right near downtown Napa.
From there, you and your party will be outfitted with kayaks before taking to the
serene waters of the Napa River for a journey through the past and present of this
unique area. For the following hour-and-a-half to two hours, you will paddle
alongside your guide as they give you a run-down of local lore, including tales
you’re not likely to read about in any guidebook.
You’ll learn about the first settlers to Napa Valley, as well as Napa’s famed wineries and local businesses. Did you know that Napa was established before California was a state? Or that Elvis performed and stayed in Napa? These are just two of the many interesting factoids your guide will offer up during your voyage— historical trivia ranging from the amazing to the bizarre.
• Enjoy Napa Valley, Napa, CA
• Napa, Napa, Napa Valley, California
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 680 Main St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- No exclusions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make sure ALL members of your party sign the following waiver prior to arrival
- Life Jackets, Paddles, Kayaks and a Professional Tour Guide are included.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 6 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
This tour was a Blast. The tour guide was very entertaining and Funny.
I was afraid it would be boring since it's called the History Tour but
it was extremely interesting. Plus, the river is beautiful and the views
are breathtaking. Lots of cute little critters and wildlife along the river too.
I would go again for sure.
This Tour was a ton of Fun. I saw Turtles, Otters and some gorgeous birds.
I also learned a lot of interesting History about the Napa Valley. It was
a nice change from wine tasting.
The Historic Kayak tour was a blast! The host of the tour was a fantastic story teller and really funny. I had no idea Apocalypse now was filmed on the Napa River. I even made several friends on the tour, who I am still in contact with. I will be sure to repeat the next time I visit Napa Valley
I have been on a number of tours like this before and they are either way too long or super boring. However, this tour was PERFECT. It's only about 2 hours long and includes about 30-40 mins of free time where you get to explore on your own. The first part of the tour with the guide Justin I think was his name, was really informative and interesting. He talked about everything from the Wildlife, to Local Scandals, and Old History dating back to the Gold Rush. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something Fun to do, other than wine tasting.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Napa & Sonoma specialist!
Product code: COOL-57261P1