Miami Beach Art Deco, History, Culture & Scandals Walking Tour
We'll start a tour by heading closer to the beach where I'll demonstrate you how far out the beach has been expanded since 1960s. I'll show you photos from the 1930s which show how much closer the ocean was back then, and I'll make sure you are standing exactly where ocean started back then so you feel the magnitude of the change.
Then, we gonna get back to the park and continue our trip down the Ocean Drive. As we walk along I will introduce interesting history and culture facts about the area, such as Art Deco architecture, the beginnings of Miami Beach (19th Century), early days of Miami Beach and it's quick growth in the 1950s and 60s, the downward spiral of the 70s and early 80s, Mariel Boatlift, cocaine cowboys days, the renaissance started by Miami Vice, Versace Mansion and the infamous events of Gianni Versace murder, and many others.
Then we will enter the residential and smooth part of Ocean Drive called South of Fifth (SoFi), and finish in picturesque South Pointe Park.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: South Beach, Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
I will show you how far the beach has been developed since the beginning of Miami Beach as a resort
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Lummus Park Beach, Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
The Carlyle, Gianni Versace Mansion, Pitbull's Restaurant - iLov305, Muscle Beach, Beacon Hotel, South of Fifth. The whole tour is filled with interesting facts about miami beach, including history, architecture, movies, culture, and true stories of crime
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: South Pointe Park, 1 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139-7323
One of the most scenic parks in the world, recently renovated and surrounded by water from 3 directions.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: 1 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
- Guided tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities