Miami Beach History, Art Deco, Crime & Scandals Walking Tour
Did you know that Miami Beach is mostly man-made? And that Biscayne Bay used to be a swamp 2 inches deep? And that Al Capone had an illegal Casino here in South Beach? And that Muhammad Ali became boxing world champion for the first time right here in Miami Beach?
We'll start a tour by heading to the beach where I'll demonstrate you how far the beach has been expanded since late 1970s. The tour is accompanied by hundreds of photos which are displayed on a tablet screen as we go along. Almost every story has photographs, which makes the experience more visceral.
As we walk along I will introduce fascinating history and culture facts about the area, such as Art Deco architecture, the beginnings of Miami Beach and its quick growth in the 1950s and early 60s, the downward spiral of the 70s and early 80s, Mariel Boatlift, cocaine cowboys days, the renaissance influenced by Miami Vice, Gianni Versace mansion and the infamous events surrounding his murder, on top of many other stories.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ocean Drive, Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Betsy Hotel, Cardozo Hotel, The Carlyle, Marlin Hotel, The Webster, Victor Hotel lobby, Versace Mansion, Muscle Beach, Park Central Hotel lobby
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Collins Avenue, 15000, Miami Beach, FL
The Marlin Hotel, The Webster
Duration: 20 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: The Gabriel Miami South Beach, Curio Collection by Hilton, 640 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
- Guided tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 33 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Miami specialist!
Product code: C-250325P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Little Havana Food and Walking Tour in Miami
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Miami Boat Tour - Take the Millionaire’s Row Boat Cruise today!
Miami Everglades Airboat Tour