Memphis Mojo Bus Tour
The Home of the Blues comes alive aboard Memphis' only Music Bus! Real Memphis musicians will show you the sights, make you laugh, and perform the music that has made Memphis famous throughout the world. Audience participation is encouraged! Tour departs from Alfred's On Beale (197 Beale St, Memphis).
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103
The tour starts and ends on Beale Street - the Home of the Blues - at Alfred's on Beale.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Handy Park, 200 Beale St, Memphis, TN 38103-3716
Explanation of how WC Handy became known as the "Father of the Blues."
Pass By: The Peabody Ducks, 149 Union Ave The Peabody Memphis, Memphis, TN 38103-2638
History of the South's grand hotel
Pass By: The Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange, 65 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103-5196
History of the Cotton Exchange and historic Cotton Row
Pass By: Mississippi River, Tennessee
History and importance of the Mississippi River
Pass By: Lauderdale Courts, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
History of the Presley family's first real home in Memphis
Pass By: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Pl, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
History of Danny Thomas and St. Jude's
Pass By: Sun Studio, 706 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103-3218
The birthplace of rock 'n' roll! (Optional admission.)
Pass By: Sam Phillips Recording Studio, 639 Madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
History of Sam Phillips' second recording studio, the successor to "Sun Studio"
Stop At: Overton Park, 1914 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38104-2806
Overton Park Shell and the story of Elvis' first concert
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Lafayette's Music Room, 2119 Madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
History of Overton Square and Lafayette's
Pass By: Stax Museum of American Soul Music, 926 E McLemore Ave, Memphis, TN 38106-3338
Home of Stax Records and Southern soul - Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, the Staples Singers, Booker T & the MGs, and many, many others!
Pass By: National Civil Rights Museum - Lorraine Motel, 450 Mulberry St, Memphis, TN 38103-4214
Explanation of the 1968 Sanitation Strike and the assassination of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 90 to 180 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Local taxes
- Admission to Sun Studio (if option not selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The bus does not have a wheelchair lift, but if you have a collapsible wheelchair and have some mobility, we should have no problem accommodating you. Please contact us in advanced with any additional questions.
- Within a few blocks there are four different parking garages, and several open-air parking lots. The closest garage to our location (just two blocks away) is at 149 Peabody Place between Second Street and BB King Blvd., next to the Hampton Inn. You can try your luck with on-street metered parking, too, on Second Street just south of Beale; on Beale between Front and Second; or along Peabody Place from Front to Fourth Street.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guests are asked to please wear face masks on board our buses.
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 488 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities