Amish Experience Visit-In-Person Tour
Many visitors to Lancaster seek out meaningful personal contact with the Amish community. Imagine visiting three Amish properties where our longstanding relationships allow you to become their guests during your stay. This exclusive tour is limited to 14 guests, and provides the rare opportunity to meet and talk to various Amish where they live and work. The three stops: Visit an Amish farm at milking time, go behind-the-scenes with an Amish craftsman, and then sit and chat with an Amish family right in their home.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amish Experience, 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird in Hand, PA 17505, USA
Stop 1: Amish Farm
When we arrive at the farm, we enter the barn to learn about the milking process firsthand. You may be surprised to learn that the Amish do not milk cows by hand. You will also discover how milk is kept cold in the bulk tank with “Amish electricity.” Other aspects of farm life may also be included.
Stop 2: Amish “Cottage Industry”
With the price and scarcity of farmland, many Amish have started their own small enterprises, making everything from gazebos and furniture to farm equipment and quilts. These “home businesses” have become the subject of books and articles emphasizing the balance these entrepreneurs achieve between work and family. Our visit may be to a harness or carriage maker, basket weaver, greenhouse, leather or wood worker, among others. An actual demonstration is normally a part of this fascinating stop.
Stop 3: Amish Home Visit
To conclude our evening, we travel scenic backroads to a distant farm in the countryside. As we step inside the house, we find that friendly conversation awaits as we sit, chat, and visit the way the Amish do, talking informally without TVs, IPhones or computers. It comes as no surprise that strangers soon become friends.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Transportation between locations
- Entry/Admission - Amish Experience
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Transportation by 14-passenger bus is provided between locations of the tour
- No children under the age of 6 allowed on this tour
- Please dress respectfully
- We ask that no photographs be taken of our Amish hosts
- Please check in at the theater box office, east parking lot, at least 15 minutes before your tour
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- No pets allowed.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
Average 4.82 out of 5 stars based on 84 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities