Austin Boat Tour
Come experience the beauty of Lake Austin on a public, partially guided boat tour where our Captain serves as your tour guide!
Ideal for individual travelers, couples and small groups/families, this tour offers an affordable way to experience Lake Austin with other passengers without renting an entire boat.
Located just minutes from Downtown, Lake Austin offers 22 miles of great sightseeing views, including privately-owned waterfront and cliffside homes and popular shoreside restaurants.
Unique to Lake Austin is its clear, constant-level water and intimate setting, making for the most beautiful scenery for pictures & social media-worthy photos of the iconic Pennybacker Bridge. You may even catch sight of Austin's own professional wake surfing phenoms Ashley Kidd and Raleigh Hager!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Austin, Texas, USA
This beautiful & scenic 22-mile public lake known for its clear, constant-level water features privately owned waterfront and cliffside homes, several shoreside restaurants, is home to world champion wake surfers Ashley Kidd and Raleigh Hager & just a 20 minute drive from downtown Austin.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Pennybacker Bridge, Austin, TX
This steel arched bridge built in 1982 is an iconic Austin landmark. Spanning the distance of Lake Austin (1,150 ft long), it connects the North & South sections of the Capital of Texas Highway. The bridge's arched design was created to avoid having support columns that would otherwise interfere with water skiers, wake surfers and boaters on the 22 miles of water below.
Pass By: Emma Long Metropolitan Park, 1600 City Park Road, Austin, TX 78730
This municipal park on the shores of Lake Austin is well-known for its camping, fishing, hiking, picnic & swimming amenities, but also for its notoriety as a 5-mile mountain biking and motorcycle trail. Named after the first women to serve as Mayor Pro Tem in Austin in 1967, Emma Long Metropolitan Park continues to be a long-standing favorite of locals and visitors alike.
Pass By: Nalle Bunny Run Wildlife, 4615 Bunny Run, Austin, TX 78746, USA
This 35-acre wildlife preserve located on Lake Austin's waterfront is a refuge for rare, endangered or threatened species and is open to the public through guided tours.
Pass By: Austin Country Club, 4408 Long Champ Dr, Austin, TX 78746-1162
This private golf club is located on the banks of Lake Austin. It features a challenging 18-hole course and hosts tournaments, including the popular WGC Dell Match Play. It was designed by architect Pete Dye and is home to golf legend Harvey Penick.
Pass By: Tom Miller Dam, Austin, TX 78746, USA
This dam, named after a former Mayor of Austin, began operation in 1940. It was constructed for the purpose of flood control & hydroelectric power generation. On its upstream side is Lake Austin and on its downstream side is Lady Bird Lake. Both reservoirs are a result of the dam's construction.
Pass By: Mount Bonnell, 3800 Bonnell Dr, Austin, TX 78731-5846
This beautiful 5-acre park located almost 800 feet over Lake Austin. The cliffs of Mount Bonnell provide a vista for viewing not only the Lake from atop, but the expansive hills surrounding Austin.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 2-Hour Boat Tour
- Boat Captain
- Use of life vests
- $5 park entrance fee per person, $3 for ages 62+. No fee for children 12 years of age and younger.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes early for parking & entry
- There is no restroom on the boat - please use facilities prior to boarding
- Food and alcoholic beverages are permitted (glass containers & styrofoam are prohibited)
- Waiver of Release and Liability will be required to sign prior to boarding
- This is a public park and boat ramp operated by Travis County, from which we depart & return only
- Smoking is not permitted
- Most travelers can participate
- $5 entrance fee per person, payable by cash or check only ($3 for ages 62+). No fee for children 12 years of age and younger.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are regularly cleaning and sanitizing all safety equipment, boat seats and flooring as well as power washing all boats with antibacterial soap.
Average 4.57 out of 5 stars based on 7 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities