Half Day Tour to Mount Vernon from Washington DC
On this 4.5 hour tour you’ll explore the fascinating home, and home town, of George Washington. Mount Vernon, across the Potomac River in Virginia, is a living museum of the life and times of the first President of the United States of America. Visit Mount Vernon and tour George Washington’s mansion, the outbuildings, and the gardens.Take in the sights of Old Town Alexandria, General Robert E. Lee’s Boyhood Home, Christ Church, and much more! Enjoy your narrated bus tour onboard a comfortable luxurious climate-controlled motor coach.
- Family friendly
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
On this 4.5 hour tour you’ll explore the fascinating home, and home town, of George Washington. Mount Vernon, across the Potomac River in Virginia, is a living museum of the life and times of the first President of the United States of America.
Tour Washington’s famed mansion, visit the plantation outbuildings where re-enactors keep colonial ways alive, stroll through Martha Washington’s beautiful gardens, and discover one of the best gift shops in the capital region, filled with unique treasures, toys, cookbooks, history books, and Virginia wines.
On the way to Mount Vernon the coach will wind its way through the narrow streets of Old Town Alexandria, past Robert E. Lee’s boyhood home, the historic Torpedo Factory, and General Washington’s own church and his favorite tavern. You will also have an oportunity to step off and visit the historic Christ Church ( Monday - Saturday's only) were George Washington and Robert E. Lee worshipped.
The Mount Vernon Visit Includes
• Ford Orientation Center
• Mansion Tour
• Washington Tombs
• Slave Memorial and Burial Grounds
• Forest Trail
• Pioneer Farmer Site
• Potomac Waterfront & Wharf
• Mt. Vernon Gift Shop
All activities are self-guided and at your own pace once arriving at Mount Vernon.
Views from the Coach:
• Old Town Alexandria
• General Robert E. Lee’s Boyhood Home
• The Spite House (the smallest house in Old Town)
• Torpedo Factory at the Waterfront
• Old Presbyterian Meeting House
• Gadsby’s Tavern
• Historic Carlye House
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - George Washington's Mount Vernon
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.41 out of 5 stars based on 153 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities