Watauga River Small-Group Rafting from Elizabethton
When visiting the Appalachian Mountains of TN/NC, a river adventure is a must! The Watauga River rafting trip is ideal for families with small children as young as 3 years old, as well as the kid in everyone. Gentle rolling class I and II rapids, and one exciting class III, compliment this serene float trip through the Tennessee foothills where farms and wildlife dot the landscape surrounding this beautiful river. Private parking, picnic areas, hot showers, restroom facilities and changing rooms are all provided for your convenience. If you're looking for a vacation full of excitement and memories, a Watauga River rafting adventure is just right for you! Choose from one of two departure times when you book.
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Small group ensures personal service
Meet your guide at the meeting point near the Watauga River. Here you will have access to hot showers, changing rooms, restrooms, a screened-in riverside picnic shelter, private beach and of course free parking.
Please arrive 30-minutes early to check in. Your adventure will begin at the base of the highest TVA electrical producing dam in the Southeast and proceeds through a cliff-sided valley where the water is clear enough to see to the bottom twenty feet below. The Watauga River winds its way through the valley in a moderate, but fast moving fashion that is accentuated with class I and II rapids to keep you focused on the river itself. Around the next corner lies the Anaconda, a class III hydraulic that serves as an excellent chance to get splashed, and cooled off before continuing on with our rafting trip.
After another hour of twists and turns and a few more rapids, the boat delivers you to a private pristine beach at the edge of the river and your journey’s end at our riverside Outpost where you are welcome to relax chat with other rafters.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Taxes & Fees included
- Class I, II & III rapids
- Hot Showers
- Changing Rooms & Restrooms
- Screened-in Picnic Shelter
- Riverside Picnic Area
- Free Parking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All necessary rafting equipment will be provided
- Professional Guide Safety Lesson
- Liability Wavier form will need to be filled out upon arrival
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Very friendly and helpful guides. Trip we took was faimily friendly as well.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities