#1 Historical Horse Drawn Carriage Tour
Come relax & enjoy Beaufort the way it was meant to be seen, listen to the Clippity-Clop of our gentle horses while our tour guides share their love of Beaufort & its History with you.
* Completely Narrated Tour of Old Beaufort SC
*55 min duration
*Horse drawn Carriage Tour
*Passes by all major historical sites in Old
*Voted # 1 Historical Tour
*Voted # 1 Favorite Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. Helena's Anglican Church, 501 Church St Historic Downtown, Beaufort, SC 29902-4919
Our guest will here the role the church played in Beaufort's History from its founding in 1712, they will see the grave yard from the carriage and hear about some of Beaufort's founding fathers, & soldiers who gave there all who are buried there.
Stop At: Beaufort, Beaufort, South Carolina
Our tour will meander on the backstreets of Old Beaufort's Historic District and pass by century old live oak trees draped in spanish moss, Antebellum & Victorian Houses and Churches, Beautiful Gardens all from the comfort of our beautiful Blue Carriages pulled by our Gentle Giants. Relax and enjoy the clippity clop of the horses feet while your guide shares Beaufort's 300+ years of history, folklore, legends & Hollywood movie tales. From the early Colonial settlements, American Revolution, Plantation life of the Antebellum South, Civil War, Reconstruction Period, the 20th century through today Beaufortonians have always been involved in every major period of American History.
Duration: 55 minutes
Pass By: The Point, Beaufort, SC
The tour meanders slowly through this neighborhood under the branches of the beautiful old live oak trees draped in Spanish Moss. Most of the Antebellum & Victorian Houses & lovely little cottages are located in the Old Point Neighborhood of Beaufort.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 55 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Parking Fees and Gratuities
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- State and City Mask mandates have expired.
- Mask are recommended but not mandatory.
- We use personal listening devices which we sanitize between tours.The carriage seats, hand rails, stair hand rails, ect are sanitized between tours.
- YOU MAY BRING A SMALL LAP BLANKET FOR YOUR COMFORT ON CHILLY DAYS.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.89 out of 5 stars based on 133 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Hilton Head Island specialist!
Product code: C-199252P1
Similar Tours & Activities
2-Hour Private Hilton Head Afternoon Dolphin Watching Sail
Hilton Head Segway Tropical Pathway Ride (90 minutes)
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Hilton Head to Savannah Round-Trip Ferry Ticket
Daufuskie Island Guided History Tour from Hilton Head
Hilton Head Island Dolphin Boat Cruise