Begins at Acree's Warehouse on Bridge St. (paved with cobblestones) then to JTI Fountain, Wreck of the Old 97 mural, former Riverside Mill and Dan River Mill buildings, old Fire Station #1 (Danville's first), former Worsham St. Bridge site, Dibrell Brothers Tobacco Headquarters, the old train trestle and pedestrian bridge, Southern Railroad freight station and passenger depot, Danville Science Center, Craghead St. marketplace which served tobacco farmers, and the Tobacco Mural.
Then we'll ride up Main St. to Millionaires' Row/Old West End historic district. There you'll see beautiful pre-Civil War to Victorian-era mansions and churches built by tobacco barons, bankers and merchants at the height of Danville's golden age. Sites include Episcopal Church of the Epiphany (where Confederate President Jefferson Davis worshiped); Temple Beth Shalom; Sutherlin Mansion - the Last Confederate Capitol, and the Langhorne House, the childhood home of Lady Nancy Astor and Irene Langhorne Gibson.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: JTI Fountain, Danville, VA 24541, USA
A public fountain donated by Japanese Tobacco, Inc. Photo opportunity.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Use of Segway
- Use of Helmet
- Tips or Gratuities
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with serious balance issues: stroke, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, etc.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Virginia specialist!
Product code: C-100495P3
Similar Tours & Activities
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Americas Historic Triangle: Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown
Full Day Historic Guided Tour to Jamestown and Yorktown with Lunch