Alaska Helicopter Tour with Glacier Landing - 60 mins - ANCHORAGE AREA
Taking off from the Knik River Lodge in the heart of the Mat-Su Valley to the Knik Glacier (5 miles wide by 29 miles long!). We land right in the middle of the Knik Glacier, where you can get out of the helicopter and spend about 30 minutes on ice thousands of years old with your pilot/guide. We provide ice spikes for you to safely hike on the ice Take pictures of the blue lakes on top of the glacier, crevasses and ice ‘sculptures’ made by wind, sunshine & time. (Summer)
TRANSFERS FROM ANCHORAGE If you do not have a rental car we can provide transfer service from Anchorage to our location (45 mins North of Anchorage ) for an added fee for select tour times. Call us direct to schedule!
WINTER TOURS please note that this tour in some winter months may not land directly on top of the glacier due to snow cover and safety issues, landing may be on the side next to incredible deep blue ice formations (an equally spectacular experience)
TOTAL TOUR TIME 1 hour
FLIGHT TIME approx 30 minutes
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Knik River Lodge, 29979 E Knik River Rd, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
Check in is 30 minutes prior to departure - Checking in late can effect the length of your tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Guided Glacier Hike - 30 mins (SUMMER)
- Helicopter Flightseeing - 30 mins
- Guided 30 min Frozen Ice formation walk (WINTER)
- TRANSFERS FROM ANCHORAGE NOT INCLUDED - Added for additional fee if needed
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing 250lb and over including clothing and gear will be required to pay a comfort surcharge.
- CHECK IN is 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. If you arrive late, your tour may be shortened or rescheduled and additional cost may be applicable.
- SERVICE ANIMALS are permitted if they are secured in a crate only. Call for specifications
- Restaurant Service is available on site May 17 - September 20. Snacks are available year round for purchase.
- WINTER TOURS - October - April -we are unable to land on top of the glacier due to snow cover. We will land next to the glaciers near the massive ice formations
- TRANSFERS - Can be added to select tour times for an additional cost - *SUMMER* 10:15a, 12:30p, 4:30p, 6:30p - *WINTER* 10:15a, 2:30p
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.97 out of 5 stars based on 33 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities