Kayak Adventure of Shell Key Preserve & Island with a Local
You get an expert guide to show you through the mangrove tunnels (tide permitting) and time your adventure just right to give you the best chance at seeing dolphins & manatees who only visit the area at certain times of the day. You also get time to explore Shell Key, whether that means shelling, swimming, snorkeling, or simply enjoying the view. Keep in mind our tours take place in a shallow saltwater preserve. There are no alligators, and most of the water is knee to waist-deep; perfect for both beginners and experts. Growing up here in St. Petersburg has given me more experience in Shell Key than any other kayak company. Kayaking is one of my favorite things to do. This has allowed me the opportunity to find all the best kayaking spots and to accumulate the local knowledge to give you a true Florida experience, something other kayak companies just can’t do. I started this kayaking company to share these places with you.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tierra Verde, Tierra Verde, Florida
Tours take place in Shell Key Preserve. As a native Floridian, I will guide you through the backcountry of the preserve. Through shallow grassy meadows we go, watching fish jump and birds hunt; all the while, ducking through the mangrove tunnels (tide permitting) and allowing time for pictures and explanations of the surrounding habitat. Most of the area we paddle in is typically only frequented by locals and is off-limits to motorized vessels.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Kayak, paddle, lifejacket (PFD), whistle or signalling device
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- This an outdoor experience with plenty of space for all guests and guides to remain at least 6 feet away from each other at all times.
Still have questions?