St. Augustine Oldest Store Museum Experience
Walk into an early 19th century shopping experience and relive history as you chat with the clerks and proprietor at the Oldest Store in St. Augustine.
- Browse a historically authentic 100,000 item inventory.
- Enjoy interactive presentations by professional historical re-enactors.
- Get the feel of everyday St. Augustine life at the beginning of the industrial era.
- Have a fun, educational experience good for all ages.
Visit C. F. Hamblen’s General Store, the oldest store in St. Augustine and go back in time with a captivating, interactive historical experience.
Have a fun time for the whole family and get a new understanding of the everyday lives of residents of St. Augustine at the turn of the 19th century. Hamblen’s Store opened in 1908, and you will see a huge inventory of items that were miracles of the new consumer age back in 1900.
From time-saving household goods to tools and equipment required by farmers in the age of animal power, this store has it all. Older guests will be reminded of the classic Sears Roebuck catalogs of yesteryear as clerks demonstrate the latest wonders and snake oil salesmen promote the miracles of worm syrup and health underwear.
See many impressive products:
Farm Equipment including a Steam Driven Tractor, Threshing Machine, & Corn Sheller
Harnesses & Yokes
Collars, Corsets, & other Fashion Items
Tonics, Elixirs, & Health Care Products
Guns & Ammunition
Bikes & Trikes
Goat Powered Washing Machine
Historical re-enactors and storytellers bring the whole experience to life with a blend of fun, humor, and history.
The Oldest Store is a St. Augustine attraction that cannot be missed, so take advantage of Cool Destinations’s easy online booking and get your eTickets now!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line
- Get Your Confirmation
- Duration: Self Guided
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
Browse a historically authentic 100,000 item inventory.
Enjoy interactive presentations by professional historical re-enactors.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.