St. Augustine History Museum
Every historical tour of St. Augustine has to include the history museum located next door to the Old Jail. Take in over 400 years of history in one place!
- Learn about the development of St. Augustine and Florida under 4 colonial governments.
- See displays, replicas, and artifacts from the city’s early residents.
- Learn how Native Americans and early settlers made their homes in the area.
- Thrill to stories of Indian wars, pirate raids, and the 19th century Florida railroad boom.
Begin your exploration of America’s oldest European settlement at the St. Augustine History Museum. This compact wonder packs 400 years of ancient and modern history into one easy-to-visit space.
Displays, exhibits, and collections of artifacts bring the past to life and tell the story of St. Augustine as it grew and developed under the influence of four colonial cultures: Spanish, English, French, and American.
From a replica of an original Timucua Native American Village, to an old-time Florida Cracker trading post, to the 19th century transformation brought about by Henry Flagler’s railroad and hotel empire, the museum presents a vivid picture of the region’s historic past and explains the influences that can still be felt today.
Learn about the Spanish Galleons and view golden treasure recovered from sunken treasure fleet ships. See and hear stories of the Indian Wars, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. Wonder at the building of Flagler’s amazing 128-mile overseas railway to Key West. You will love this educational attraction, and are sure to leave with a much deeper understanding of not only St. Augustine but also Florida and American history.
Take in the fascinating St. Augustine History Museum and feel Florida’s past come alive. Enjoy easy online booking and reserve your tickets now at Cool Destinations!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line
- Get Your Confirmation
- Duration: Self Guided
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
Entrance to St. Augustine History Museum.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.