Port Brownsville Half-Day Boat Tour
The Port of Brownsville Tour is a 4-hour narrated cruise from South Padre Island across the Laguna Madre Bay and traveling down the Brownsville Ship Channel. Along the way you will see our native Atlantic bottle-nose dolphins and migratory birds. You will learn about South Texas shrimping industry and their fleets, as you enjoy a taste of our local shrimp. You will hear a little history of the area, see decommissioned vessels being dismantled from the top down, oil rigs being built and repaired, and the Port where shipping vessels from around the world load and unload commodities. Upon your return you will see SpaceX launching site off in the distance. Our Captain and Crew make this an enjoyable and educational tour worth your time. Welcome aboard!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: South Padre Island, South Padre Island, Texas
LAGUNA MADRE BAY is located between the South Texas coast and Padre Island from Corpus Christi south to South Padre Island, TX. One of the Earth’s 6 hypersaline lagoons, where the salinity is above sea water. It has one of the most unspoiled and protected Eco systems in Texas and the U.S.
Pass By: Brownsville, Brownsville, Texas
BROWNSVILLE/PORT ISABEL SHRIMP BASIN is one of the largest fleets of Shrimp Boats in Texas. This location was established in 1953.
KEPPEL AMFELS was established in 1990. They are in the business of construction, refurbishment, conversion and life extension and repair of a complete range of mobile drilling rigs and platforms.
PORT OF BROWNSVILLE is the only deep-water port located on the U.S.-Mexico Border, with approximately 40,000 acres of land, 17 miles of waterfront, access and direct route to international bridge crossings and rail connections.
Pass By: Starbase Production Site, Starbase, TX 78521, USA
SPACEX Launch Facility (Starbase) is Elon Musk’s private test launch and rocket production site. This location was chosen primarily for its proximity to the equator where Earth’s higher rotational speed means rockets need less propellant to reach orbit.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 09:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- We offer Coffee, Donuts & Small Shrimp Cocktail during the Tour
- You may bring your own cooler with any drinks or snacks you may like.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Upon arrival please request wheelchair assistance. Crew will be glad to assist in boarding the boat.
- Most travelers can participate
- You are welcome to bring a cooler with your own food and drinks. Please no glass containers.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Currently, there is no mask mandates or capacity limitations in place. You are welcome to wear a mask, but they are not required. We do make a practice of sanitizing the boat between trips, and our Captain and Crew frequently wash their hands.
Average 4.40 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities