Shared Sunset Cruise from Gig Harbor on Puget Sound
This cruise takes you through the heart of Puget Sound. It is the only public sunset cruise on Puget Sound with this extended duration and distance traveled, nearly 30 miles, round trip. Our cruise is available to individual travelers rather than groups only. Our vessel, "RIVIERA" is a restored, US Coast Guard certified, classic Northwest built charter boat. She and her captain and crew are steeped in Puget Sound legacy and experience. This is a smooth-water cruise. Wildlife ranges from seagulls to Bald Eagles, seals and sea lions. Can't miss Mt. Rainier for hours and the Olympic Mountain range unimpeded except for some clouds. You can bring-your-own snacks and drinks. This is an interactive trip where we candidly and casually interpret our surroundings. There is plenty of time on this cruise where you are left to enjoy the cruise without interruption. We will talk with you and answer your questions along the way. (Senior Age is 62. Tour is recommended for ages 10 and above.)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gig Harbor, Gig Harbor, Washington
We cruise through quaint Gig Harbor at the beginning of our tour. This is where we begin and end our tour so you can come to town early or stay later or overnight to enjoy our beautiful and famous community.
Pass By: Tacoma Narrows Bridge, Tacoma, WA
Famous, storied twin bridges where the first bridge opened and fell down in the same year, 1940!
Pass By: Fox Island, Fox Island, Washington
Exclusive, residential island with rich history in native and pioneer times. We will cruise under the Fox Island Bridge twice with and against the surging currents of Hale's Passage. We continue into Carr Inlet and cruise the shores with expensive homes on intimate bays before turning for the return trip to Gig Harbor.
Pass By: Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
We cruise the West end of the storied pioneer City of Tacoma, where British and American explorers first met Native Americans of the Salish Sea tribes. Tacoma, WA site of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge was originally established with a mill in 1850, became a lumber boom town by the turn of the century 1900. The earliest non-native explorers were George Vancouver and Peter Puget on the same ship the "DISCOVERY" in 1792!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Gratuities are not included in price.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- There is ample room and several areas to spread out to. The whole vessel has free flow of outdoor air although there is cover over the top on some of the areas. This is an intimate, small group tour that is fantastic!
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor