East Ballard Breweries Tours
TOUR INCLUDES, REUBEN'S BREWS, WHEELIE POP BREWING, AND LUCKY ENVELOPE BREWING
In the neighborhood brewing visionaries brewed the first barrel of Redhook Ale back in 1983 and started a craft brewing revolution. That revolution continues now with the highest concentration of craft breweries in the world. How this happened is part of the story that has made Seattle, and Ballard, the world's premier craft brewing center. We will explore this history, the history of beer and learn about different beer styles. We will learn what to look for when tasting new beers and appreciate the many historic and contemporary styles.
At each brewery our Cicerone certified Beer Guide will lead a guided tasting of four, 4-once beers, for a total of 12 different beers. This is about 3 pints of beer.
* 3/4 of a mile, 1,500 steps
* Each guide a certified cicerone
* 12 different 4 oz beers
* Free 4-oz souvenir tasting glass
* Free souvenir Bottle Key-Chain opener
* Beer & Food Pairing Guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reuben's Brews - The Taproom, 5010 14th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
Our tour begins at Reuben's Brews, one of the neighborhood's most popular spots. This brewery is truly a family affair. In fact, young Reuben was only a month old when his Dad and Mom opened the brewery that boasts his name. Let's drop in and enjoy Reuben's father's handiwork. He always has a wide range of interesting and tasty beers.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Wheelie Pop Brewing, 1110 NW 50th St, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
The newest brewery in the Ballard Brewing District was founded by two buddies, Jeremy and Mark, who share a love of beer and brewing, along with a love of motorcycle racing. With beer names like Powerslide Oatmeal Stout and Ascari Amber, there is always a wide range of styles from hoppy IPAs to malt forward brews. They focus on Pacific Northwest ingredients and a sustainable brewing process. Because of that they may not always be traditional but they consistently produce beers that are inviting and easy to drink. Find out more about Wheelie Pop Brewing.
Duration: 55 minutes
Stop At: Lucky Envelope Brewing, 907 NW 50th St, Seattle, WA 98107-3635
In Chinese culture the Red Envelope brings luck, in our case we are lucky it also means great beer. Known for its award winning Six Weeks Series Lagers, sour beers and Northwest IPAs, there is always something new on tap at Lucky Envelope. Its cozy taproom is a great place to meet friends and try new beers. We will get a close up view of the brewing process and learn how great beer is made.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Lucky Envelope Brewing, 907 NW 50th St, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Reuben's Brews - The Taproom
- Entry/Admission - Wheelie Pop Brewing
- Entry/Admission - Lucky Envelope Brewing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- As of mid-March, King County is no longer requiring proof of vaccination or mandatory face masks. BUT the situation is volatile, and restrictions may be reinstated at any time. It would be wise to travel with a mask just in case. Your guide is fully vaccinated.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 2 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities