Savannah American Prohibition Museum
Relive the Prohibition era of early 19th century America when a nation-wide ban on alcohol was enacted under the Eighteenth Amendment of the Constitution.
- Visit America’s only Prohibition Museum for an interesting look at a unique period in American history.
- Connect with the past through immersive displays and more than 200 historic artifacts.
- See restored Prohibition era vehicles like those used by the Feds and mobsters of the time.
- Enjoy informative, entertaining presentations by costumed docents throughout.
- Go back in time with photos, murals, videos, and captivating dioramas.
- Have a craft cocktail in our authentic Prohibition era speakeasy.
Visit Savannah's City Market and take a tour of the Savannah American Prohibition Museum to relive the exciting times in American history that brought about the “Alcohol Argument” between the Wets and the Dries. America's only Prohibition museum will send you on a trip back in time to the early 1900s when anti-alcohol rallies swept across the nation and American politics was consumed with the so-called “booze problem”.
More than entertaining, this tour is highly educational. Visitors will learn about the Temperance Movement that began in the early 1800s and later morphed into a major political force that successfully instigated the banning of all alcoholic beverages in the United States from January 17, 1920 until December 5, 1933.
Immersive displays, state-of-the-art dioramas, and informative guides tell the story of the effects of Temperance and Prohibition on American culture and more than 200 years of the Nation’s history.
With cars, guns, gangsters, and booze to liven things up, the Savannah American Prohibition Museum is far from the average “Dry” museum tour. State-of-the-art displays present:
Anywhere, USA in a recreated 1918 street scene from the days when alcohol abuse raged.
Fire and brimstone laid down by legendary tent revival preacher Reverend Billy Sunday.
Mayhem delivered by Carry Nation and her bar-demolishing “hatchetations”.
Adolphus Busch and Lillian M.N. Stephens as they square off over the Alcohol Argument.
Moonshiners carrying on their moonlight distilling in America’s mountain wilderness.
A very special hidden Speakeasy bar where visitors enjoy authentic Prohibition era cocktails.
Enjoy all of this and much more when you visit Savannah’s one-of-a-kind attraction: the Savannah American Prohibition Museum. Get your eTickets here at Cool Destinations and take part in the most interesting history lesson ever.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line
- Get Your Confirmation
- Duration: 1 Hour (approx.)
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including address, Google map, and parking information - will be included in your final confirmation email.
Connect with the past through immersive displays and more than 200 historic artifacts.
See restored Prohibition era vehicles like those used by the Feds and mobsters of the time.
Have a craft cocktail in our authentic Prohibition era speakeasy.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Likely To Sell Out
Spaces are extremely limited this time of year so book early to ensure the date you want.
Voucher Confirmation Info
This tour accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You can either print the voucher and present a paper copy on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information
Complete operator information, including local telephone number, will be included on your Confirmation Voucher.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.