Santa Barbara Kayak Tour
Experienced local guides take you on an unforgettable Santa Barbara kayak tour spotlighting one of California's most thriving marine regions. Learn about Santa Barbara’s natural history and marine ecology, as well as local trivia during this fun and exhilarating day on the water. This 2 hour paddling adventure offers spectacular views of the city and beaches from a unique perspective on the water!
Start by getting outfitted with paddle jackets, PFDs, a paddle, and a kayak. Your guide provides a paddling demonstration and safety talk, then makes sure you are comfortable in your boat. Set out on the water from the boat launch and paddle through the harbor, passing other boats, the historic wharf, under the pier, and along the beach. Along the way, look for wildlife like harbor seals, sea lions, brown pelicans, sea stars, cormorants, and seagulls. Expect to paddle approximately one to two miles (1.5–3 km) along the coast before returning to the boat dock where your tour ends.
• 219 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-3581
• Santa Barbara Harbor, 132 Harbor Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2363
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Santa Barbara Harbor at the Sea Landing boat launch
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All associated kayaking gear (wet suit, PFD, helmet, paddle, etc.
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion of natural history/marine ecology
- Spectacular views of Santa Barbara
- Personal expenses
- Parking is $2.00 per hour, maximum $12.00 per car.
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- Although we offer dry bags to help keep gear dry, everything that comes on the kayaking trip runs the risk of getting wet. We therefore recommend that you only bring personal gear that can get wet or damp during the trip. Items that must stay dry such as cameras or other electronic devices, change of clothes or personal belongings should stay in your vehicle.
- What you will need:
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A hat with a brim.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- 1-quart (or greater) water bottle filled with water - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle.
- Wet shoes such as "Tevas" or "Aqua Socks" or an old pair of tennies.
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- A beach towel
- Waterproof camera (recyclable).(optional)
- Polyester shirt or other synthetic clothing (layering). (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
This tour was absolutely what we needed. We had 4 kids ages 9-16 and we all had a blast, this teaches teamwork and communication for all. Great for beginners, like us. A big thanks to Alex, our tour guide!!!
We had an awesome outing! Even got to see a sea lion on a buoy!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-7270P12