Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias Day Trip from San Francisco
This experience to the towering granite cliffs and gushing waterfalls of Yosemite National Park and its Giant Sequoias takes off 365 days a year. This is the only 1-day Yosemite Valley tour from San Francisco where you will experience the solitude of the Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias, the largest living things on the Earth. Your heart will race as you enter Yosemite Valley for 5 glorious hours to enjoy Lower Yosemite, Nevada and Bridalveil falls, then take some moments at El Capitan, Half Dome and other iconic monuments.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Likely to Sell Out
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Francisco Bay Bridge, Highway 80 West, San Francisco, CA 94105
The San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge, known locally as the Bay Bridge, is a complex of bridges spanning San Francisco Bay in California. As part of Interstate 80 and the direct road between San Francisco and Oakland, it carries about 260,000 vehicles a day on its two decks.
Pass By: Sierra Nevada, CA
The Sierra Nevada is a mountain range in the Western United States, between the Central Valley of California and the Great Basin.
Pass By: Big Oak Flat Road, Groveland, CA
Traveling the historic Big Oak Flat Road from the western entrance of Yosemite National Park across to the Tioga Pass entrance on the east, provides drivers easy access to the stunning beauty of Yosemite’s high country landscapes.
Pass By: Big Oak Flat Information Station, 6107 Big Oak Flat Rd, Groveland, CA 95321, USA
The Big Oak Flat entrance to Yosemite National Park is located on CA Highway 120 roughly 24 miles (39 km) east of Groveland, CA. CA Highway 120 is the most direct route into Yosemite National Park from the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento and Northern California locations.
Stop At: Yosemite Valley, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
Yosemite Valley is a glacial valley in Yosemite National Park in the western Sierra Nevada mountains of Central California. The valley is about 7.5 miles long and approximately 3000–3500 feet deep, surrounded by high granite summits such as Half Dome and El Capitan, and densely forested with pines.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias, Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, CA
Tuolumne Grove is a sequoia grove located near Crane Flat in Yosemite National Park. It is about 16 miles west of Yosemite Village on Tioga Pass Road. The grove contains many conifers, including a few Sequoiadendron giganteum as well as Abies concolor and Pinus lambertiana.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tunnel View, Wawona Road, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
Tunnel View is a scenic viewpoint on State Route 41 in Yosemite National Park. Visitors have seen and documented the iconic and expansive views of Yosemite Valley from the overlook since its opening in 1933.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Ansel Adams Gallery, Village Mall, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
Gallery showcasing & selling photography by celebrated landscape artist Ansel Adams, among others.
Pass By: Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park, CA
Bridalveil Fall is one of the most prominent waterfalls in the Yosemite Valley in California, Yosemite National Park.
Stop At: El Capitan, Yosemite National Park, CA
El Capitan, also known as El Cap, is a vertical rock formation in Yosemite National Park, located on the north side of Yosemite Valley, near its western end. The granite monolith is about 3,000 feet from base to summit along its tallest face, and is a popular objective for rock climbers.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park, CA
Four Mile Trail is a moderate to strenuous trail leading from Yosemite Valley to Glacier Point.
Pass By: Glacier Point, Yosemite Lodge Resort origin, Yosemite National Park, CA
Glacier Point, an overlook with a commanding view of Yosemite Valley, Half Dome, and the High Sierra is located 30 miles (one hour) from Yosemite Valley.
Pass By: Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, CA
Half Dome is a granite dome at the eastern end of Yosemite Valley in Yosemite National Park, California. It is a well-known rock formation in the park, named for its distinct shape.
Pass By: Illilouette Fall, Illilouette creek, Yosemite National Park, CA
llilouette Falls is a 370-foot waterfall in Yosemite National Park. It is located on the Illilouette Creek, a left tributary of the Merced River, in a small side canyon directly across from Vernal Falls, and is visible from the trail to Vernal and Nevada Falls.
Stop At: Lower Yosemite Fall Trail, Yosemite National Park, CA
A quarter-mile (one way) hike to a spectacular mist-blown view from the base of 320-foot Lower Yosemite Falls. Lower Yosemite Falls Hike is a must visit for its accessibility and proximity to this massive waterfall and has spectacular views of both falls.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Merced River, Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
The Merced River in the central part of the U.S. state of California, is 145 miles (233 km) long. Tenaya, Yosemite, Bridalveil and Pigeon Creeks join the Merced River in Yosemite Valley.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Mist Trail, Happy Isles, Yosemite National Park, CA
The Mist Trail is one of the most popular short hikes in Yosemite National Park, California, USA. The steep hike follows the Merced River, starting at Happy Isles in Yosemite Valley, past Vernal Fall and Emerald Pool, to Nevada Fall.
Pass By: Nevada Fall, Yosemite Valley, CA 95389, USA
Nevada Fall is a 594-foot high waterfall on the Merced River in Yosemite National Park, California. It is located below the granite dome, Liberty Cap, at the west end of Little Yosemite Valley.
Pass By: Sentinel Dome, Glacier Point Road, Yosemite National Park, CA
Sentinel Dome is a granite dome in Yosemite National Park, United States. It lies on the south wall of Yosemite Valley, 0.8 miles southwest of Glacier Point and 1.4 miles northeast of Profile Cliff. Sentinel Dome is known for a Jeffrey Pine that grew from its peak.
Pass By: Vernal Falls Trail, Yosemite National Park, CA
Vernal Fall is a 317-foot waterfall on the Merced River just downstream of Nevada Fall in Yosemite National Park, California. Like its upstream neighbor, Vernal Fall is clearly visible at a distance, from Glacier Point, as well as close up, along the Mist Trail.
Stop At: Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park, CA
Yosemite Falls is the highest waterfall in Yosemite National Park, dropping a total of 2,425 feet from the top of the upper fall to the base of the lower fall
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Yosemite Valley Lodge, 9006 Yosemite Lodge Dr, YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CA 95389, USA
Yosemite Valley Lodge is a favorite choice for families and large groups. Its close proximity to Yosemite Falls makes it the perfect base camp for exploring Yosemite National Park.
Pass By: Valley Visitor Center, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
The Valley Visitor Center is located in Yosemite Valley and is the largest and most comprehensive in terms of displays, books, postcards and maps. The Valley Visitor Center is open year round and offers natural history displays, audiovisual programs and is staffed with individuals who are happy to answer all your questions.
Pass By: Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA
Treasure Island is an artificial island in the San Francisco Bay and a neighborhood in the city and county of San Francisco. Built 1936–37 for the 1939 Golden Gate International Exposition, the island's World’s Fair site is a California Historical Landmark.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Hilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
2: Hotel Zephyr, 250 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
For Hilton Union Square - meet at the Mason street entrance (Eastern entrance)
Pickup is available from Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, South of Market, Financial District, Chinatown hotels within San Francisco.
You will be provided your exact pick-up location and time upon confirmation
- Duration: 14 to 15 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area, but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
- Entry/Admission - Yosemite Valley
- Entry/Admission - Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias
- Entry/Admission - Tunnel View
- Entry/Admission - El Capitan
- Entry/Admission - Lower Yosemite Fall Trail
- Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in a 15-passenger van or a 41-passenger tour bus
- Tour makes stops at approximately 8:30am for breakfast, 1pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Union Square if your hotel is not listed
- The Giant Sequoias Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit cannot be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more.
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and your guide's discretion.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- *Nightly deep cleaning and disinfecting fogging by certified crew
- *Tour vehicles operating at below their capacity so we can grant passenger requests for empty adjacent seats
Average 4.30 out of 5 stars based on 1512 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-2402YNP
Similar Tours & Activities