Viticulture with Charm: Sonoma Valley Wine Tour from San Francisco
Join a full-day Sonoma Valley wine tasting tour and visit some of Sonoma’s finest wineries with a knowledgeable guide. You’ll learn about the winemaking process at three boutique wineries, stopping at the Golden Gate Bridge for magnificent views along the way. Enjoy a picnic lunch next to vineyards before free time in Sonoma’s historic Spanish-style plaza, where you may shop, visit a tasting room or get some ice cream. Tasting fees at the three wineries as well as lunch are included! Round-trip hotel transport by mini-bus with narration on San Francisco history. Numbers are limited to 14 to ensure a personalized experience on this small-group tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop, restrooms available if needed
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sonoma Valley, Highway 12, Sonoma, CA
Take in the scenery as you travel through breathtaking landscapes
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Robledo Family Winery, 21901 Bonness Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9234
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Larson Family Winery, 23355 Millerick Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9282
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, CA
Explore the historic town Square on your own: sample cheeses & chocolates, grab a coffee or ice cream, tour the Sonoma Mission, stroll though the park, shop the boutique stores, participate in an optional additional wine tasting.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nicholson Ranch, 4200 Napa Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-2800
Wine tasting and vineyard experience
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the supplier directly at least 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm hotel pickup time. Hotel pick ups occur between 8:00-9:00am depending on the hotel location. Please provide your hotel pickup information at time of booking.
Please note: Pick-ups are offered from most hotels in San Francisco (not outside the city, i.e. SFO)Ports
Cruise Ship Terminal @ Pier 27
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Fully narrated tour with commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries
- Picnic lunch
- Chocolate and cheese tasting options in downtown Sonoma
- Gum, mints and suntan lotion
- Water for the entire duration of tour
- Experienced Wine Country Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Robledo Family Winery
- Entry/Admission - Larson Family Winery
- Entry/Admission - Nicholson Ranch
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- MUST be at least 21 years to consume alcohol
- Child rate is available for guests under 21 years
- Guests traveling with children under the age of 8 will need to provide their own car seat and take responsibility for installing it into the vehicle. Please contact local operator after booking to confirm car seat compatibility
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email and phone number) and hotel information at time of booking
- It is recommended to dress in layers as the weather can vary dramatically from San Francisco to Sonoma
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- A maximum of 14 people per tour
- Please leave a note in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking if you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or another special occasion to receive a special gift
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our maximum size for group tours is 6 people on a 14 passenger bus to allow for physical distancing. The use of masks is required in the vehicle. Guests must bring their own. Guide training to ensure the safest possible conditions.Each winery has their own restrictions, which all guests must follow.
Average 4.66 out of 5 stars based on 29 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Our tour guide, Dylan, was the best! He made our tour fun and interesting. We loved his music choices for the ride, his jokes, and the information he shared with us as we rode from San Francisco to Sonoma and back. The picnic lunch in downtown Sonoma was a great choice. I highly recommend this tour if you want to experience the small family wineries and downtown Sonoma!!!
We had a great time on this tour. The wineries were small family owned and they gave you around 6 tastings at each one. The time spent in Sonoma Square was my favorite. Small shops, restaurants and bars a plenty. You could spend a few hours there. The weather was beautiful to walk around the small park or sit and take a cap nap which is what I did :-
This was a fantastic tour! We went to some smaller vineyards which made the tastings more intimate. Skip, our tour guide, was funny, knowledgeable, and made the day truly enjoyable. I accidentally left something on the tour bus after he dropped us off at our hotel, and he went out of his way to return it to me at my hotel on his own time. I highly recommend this tour - you'll love it!
Loved the tour! We had a great tour guide and the vineyards were amazing! Thanks.
Really great day out. Visited three vineyards and sampled some great wines but that wasn't the highlight. Dylan, our guide, was knowledgeable, approachable and, more importantly, an absolute riot. Fantastic vibe amongst the group which was held together by Dylan's singing, story telling and appalling attempts at our various accents. If you've got a spare day in SF, do this tour and, if you're lucky, you might get Dylan and his really dodgy English accent!
Chris was very knowledgeable about San Francisco, Sonoma and provided interesting information about wine, how it is grown and the best way to taste. My daughter and I didn't have much sleep the night before but Chris was able to get us out of our funk with his hummer and uplifting personality! We got way more for our then anticipated!
Loved the smaller group experience.
Great tour. Hits a few wineries, but you get to truly enjoy each one. Relaxing trip. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining.
Excellent tour. We were picked up from our hotel and there began a wonderful day. A photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge, and we were on our way to Sonoma. Visited three different wineries. All had their own characteristics. Great ambiance and great wines. Our guide, Mark, was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the wine making process. Very entertaining and familiar with the wineries we visited.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-6787SONOMA1
Similar Tours & Activities