Viticulture with Charm: Sonoma Valley Wine Tour from San Francisco
Join a full-day Sonoma Valley wine tasting tour and visit some of Sonoma’s finest wineries with a knowledgeable guide. You’ll learn about the winemaking process at three boutique wineries, stopping at the Golden Gate Bridge for magnificent views along the way. Lunch is on your own at historic Sonoma Square. The Spanish-style plaza features a variety of restaurants for all budgets, fun stores, ice cream shops and tasting rooms. The tasting fees at the three wineries are included! Round-trip hotel transport by mini-bus with narration on San Francisco history. Numbers are limited to 14 (8 during COVID-19) to ensure a personalized experience on this small-group tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop, restrooms available if needed
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sonoma Valley, Highway 12, Sonoma, CA
Take in the scenery as you travel through breathtaking landscapes
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Robledo Family Winery, 21901 Bonness Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9234
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Homewood Winery, 23120 Burndale Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9722
Homewood Winery is a true down-home experience. It’s a quaint and friendly micro-winery nestled in the heart of the Carneros region, producing about 1,000 cases each year. With luck, you’ll get to meet the owner, Dave, and hear about his passion for the vine and how he learned and grew within the industry from simple home winemaker to cellar proprietor to produce his beloved wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, CA
Enjoy free time to get lunch and explore charming and historic Sonoma Plaza. Sample locally made cheese and chocolate on sale at shops around the square. Explore a former mission that's now a museum or pop into one of two dozen tasting rooms.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Peter Cellars, 21708 Broadway, Sonoma, CA 95476-8219
Peter Cellars combines the unique terroir and fruit characteristics of Northern California with Old World French winemaking techniques. Owner Peter Mauel grew up in the United Kingdom and spent extensive time at wine houses in Burgundy and Bordeaux. Although he moved to California in the '90s to pursue an MBA and career in the software industry, he decided in 2003 that his calling and passion was to create handcrafted premium wines. At first, he scoured the Sonoma Coast, Carneros. Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley for fruit sources and a location to make wine. Then in 2010 he acquired the Carneros Estate Vineyard in Sonoma and started the creation of his estate winery, where all his wines are made and tasted.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the supplier directly at least 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm hotel pickup time. Hotel pick ups occur between 8:00-9:00am depending on the hotel location. Please provide your hotel pickup information at time of booking.
Please note: Pick-ups are offered from most hotels in San Francisco (not outside the city, i.e. SFO)Ports
- Cruise Ship Terminal @ Pier 27
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Fully narrated tour with commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries
- Chocolate and cheese tasting options in downtown Sonoma
- Gum, mints and suntan lotion
- Water for the entire duration of tour
- Experienced Wine Country Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Robledo Family Winery
- Entry/Admission - Homewood Winery
- Entry/Admission - Peter Cellars
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- MUST be at least 21 years to consume alcohol
- Child rate is available for guests under 21 years
- Guests traveling with children under the age of 8 will need to provide their own car seat and take responsibility for installing it into the vehicle. Please contact local operator after booking to confirm car seat compatibility
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email and phone number) and hotel information at time of booking
- It is recommended to dress in layers as the weather can vary dramatically from San Francisco to Sonoma
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- A maximum of 14 people per tour
- Please leave a note in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking if you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or another special occasion to receive a special gift
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our maximum size for group tours is 6 people on a 14 passenger bus to allow for physical distancing. The use of masks is required in the vehicle. Guests must bring their own. Guide training to ensure the safest possible conditions.Each winery has their own restrictions, which all guests must follow.
Average 4.70 out of 5 stars based on 33 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We had a great time on this tour. The wineries were small family owned and they gave you around 6 tastings at each one. The time spent in Sonoma Square was my favorite. Small shops, restaurants and bars a plenty. You could spend a few hours there. The weather was beautiful to walk around the small park or sit and take a cap nap which is what I did :-
This was a fantastic tour! We went to some smaller vineyards which made the tastings more intimate. Skip, our tour guide, was funny, knowledgeable, and made the day truly enjoyable. I accidentally left something on the tour bus after he dropped us off at our hotel, and he went out of his way to return it to me at my hotel on his own time. I highly recommend this tour - you'll love it!
Loved the tour! We had a great tour guide and the vineyards were amazing! Thanks.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-6787SONOMA1
Similar Tours & Activities