Unfolding the Financial District: A San Francisco Chronicle Self-Guided Tour
Take in the Financial District at your own pace with this affordable walking tour created by the San Francisco Chronicle.
• See the neighborhood's often overlooked sites including an ornate office building that's only 20 feet wide, and hidden gargoyles and walruses
• Hear from John King, the San Francisco Chronicle's urban design critic, as he guides you around the Financial District
• Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way with complete control over when you start and finish
• Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
• Use the virtual tour option at home
Once you’ve booked, you’ll receive a ticket with instructions and a unique code listed under “Before You Go”. Then simply install the VoiceMap app and enter your code.
The app displays directions to the starting point, and when you’re in the right place, just pop in your headphones and tap start. VoiceMap has automatic GPS playback, with turn-by-turn directions. It also works offline.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hallidie Building, 130 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
The tour passes by the Hallidie building. You'll hear about the building while you walk.
Pass By: 130 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
You'll pass by 130 Montgomery St where you'll be shown the easy to miss, but unexpected details about the building that is a treat for the eyes.
Pass By: Russ Building, 235 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
The tour passes by Russ Building. You'll learn about the building before continuing the tour.
Pass By: 555 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
On the tour, you'll get the chance to take in the city's largest office building, 555 California St.
Pass By: 580 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
At this stop, you'll be shown some often over looked details of the building.
Pass By: Omni San Francisco Hotel, 500 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
You'll pass by the Omni Hotel and learn a bit about it while you walk.
Pass By: 456 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
The tour briefly stops in front of 456 Montgomery Plaza. You'll hear about the building before continuing the tour.
Pass By: Transamerica Pyramid, 600 Montgomery St Financial District, San Francisco, CA 94111-2702
Hear about and see the outside of the Transamerica Pyramid on this tour.
Pass By: San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Ships at Hyde Street Pier, 499 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94109-1314
You'll learn about Redwood Park as you walk.
Pass By: Robert Dollar Building, 315 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
The tour passes by the Robert Dollar Building. You'll learn about the building while you walk.
Pass By: Stock Exchange Tower Associates, 155 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
The tour passes by the Stock Exchange Tower. You'll hear about the building while you walk.
Pass By: Adam Grant Building, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
The tour passes by the Adam Grant Building. You'll hear about the building while you walk.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 60 to 75 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.7/30/2020 - 5/26/2023
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Smartphone and headphones
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure their own protection and the protection of others.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities