The Ultimate Day Trip: Alcatraz & Sonoma Valley Wine Tour
Enjoy two of the Bay Area’s top attractions on this full-day tour that combines beautiful scenery and fascinating history. Spend the morning in Sonoma Valley, where you’ll visit two wineries for wine tastings. Then head back to San Francisco and board the ferry to Alcatraz Island. Tour the former prison on your own with its award-winning audio tour, and admire the sweeping views of San Francisco Bay. A photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge is also included. The Sonoma portion of the tour is limited to 14 people, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience with a knowledgeable guide. Tasting fees at the two wineries is included as well as the ticket for the Alcatraz tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop and restrooms if needed
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
Take in the views of the bay on your drive up to Sonoma
Stop At: Cline Cellars, 24737 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, CA 95476-9216
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Homewood Winery, 23120 Burndale Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9722
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sonoma Valley, Highway 12, Sonoma, CA
Experience the wine and admire the landscape. ~45 minutes at each of the 2 wineries.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
Take the OFFICIAL tour to Alcatraz Island. Ferry ride and audio tour included.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Free time for lunch and exploration
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 1300 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
2: Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Pickup and drop-off at Fisherman’s Wharf for the Sonoma portion of the tour
- Wine tasting at two wineries
- Water, gum, mints and sunscreen
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island (US$39.90 value)
- Audio walking tour of Alcatraz
- Experienced Wine Country Tour Guide (for the Sonoma portion of the tour)
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Cline Cellars
- Entry/Admission - Homewood Winery
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Other transportation, such as a taxi or pedicab ride to Pier 33
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol
- Child rate is available for guests under 21 years
- Guests traveling with children under the age of 8 will need to provide their own car seat and take responsibility for installing it into the vehicle. Please contact local operator after booking to confirm car seat compatibility
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email and phone number) at time of booking
- It is recommended that you dress in layers, as the weather can vary dramatically from San Francisco to Sonoma
- Wineries visited are subject to change
- Please leave a note in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking if you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or another special occasion to receive a special gift
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm
- Alcatraz Voucher and a valid photo ID for all passengers over the age of 18 will be required to pick-up Alcatraz tickets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our maximum size for group tours is 6 people on a 14 passenger bus to allow for physical distancing. The use of masks is required in the vehicle. Guests must bring their own. Guide training to ensure the safest possible conditions.Each winery has their own restrictions, which all guests must follow.
Average 4.62 out of 5 stars based on 55 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our tour guide Heather was excellent and the wineries were great. The Alcatraz tour was really interesting. Definitely recommend!
This is a small group tour with a very friendly and knowledgeable guide. I definitely recommend this for first time visitors to the SF/Wine country area.
Jeffery was an awesome guide. This was a full day of fun. Well worth the cost. The wineries were wonderful.
Our driver Skip for the wine tour was awesome, great combination tour
amazing tour. Can't miss it.
Really enjoyed this tour....was a morning trip in Sonoma Wine Country, our guide was Jan and she was awesome. We liked that this was limited to a small group - 13 or less.
This tour included on your own - tickets to Alcatraz that we found out later was hard to get to unless you booked ahead. Alcatraz was very interesting and enjoyable. I do think it should be noted that the Alcatraz site is equal to walking up 13 stories. That was not a problem for us but it would be for many people. Alcatrez site can take a limited amount of people up using a small conveyance but most people walk.
That said - the tour was great and I would book through here again without hesitation.
It was fantastic and there is too much info to put here so find out how much fun we had, photos, video and all we learned at my travel blog myreturnticket.ca
Our guide, Chris, for the Wine Tour thru greendreamtours was AWESOME! You need to book this trip : Thanks Cool Destinations! Once again for a good time!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-6787ALCATRAZ1
Similar Tours & Activities