The Perfect Blend: Napa and Sonoma Combo Wine Tour from San Francisco
Discover the winemaking traditions of two of the greatest wine regions in the world on a full-day scenic tour from San Francisco. This tour through Napa and Sonoma valleys brings you to three boutique wineries. Sample four to six types of wine at each stop and learn all about these two regions and their wine-production history. Tasting fees at the three wineries are included. Hotel pick-up and drop-off provided from most hotels in San Francisco. Lunch is on your own at trendy Oxbow Public Market. Travel with a small group in luxury transportation, with a 14-passenger limit (8 during COVID-19).
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop and bathrooms available if needed
Duration: 14 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
Travel trough the Bay Area from SF up to Wine Country, enjoy the views
Stop At: Peter Cellars, 21708 Broadway, Sonoma, CA 95476-8219
Peter Cellars embodies the charm of Sonoma Valley wine tasting. This boutique estate winery produces award-winning varietals under the watchful eye of winemaker Peter Mauel. He combines the unique terroir and fruit characteristics of the famous Carneros appellation with old-world French winemaking techniques. Peter grew up in the United Kingdom and honed his skills in Burgundy and Bordeaux before studying at UC Davis.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Homewood Winery, 23120 Burndale Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9722
Homewood Winery is a true down-home experience. It’s a quaint and friendly micro-winery nestled in the heart of the Carneros region, producing about 1000 cases each year. With luck, you’ll get to meet the owner, Dave, and hear about his passion for the vine and how he learned and grew within the industry from simple home winemaker to cellar proprietor to produce his beloved wines.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oxbow Public Market, 610 1st St, Napa, CA 94559-2602
Lunch is on your own at trendy Oxbow Public Market in the town of Napa. It features a variety of local restaurants with communal seating. The downtown Napa area also has tasting rooms and shops, which you may visit after lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 1285 Dealy Ln, Napa, CA 94559, USA
Nestled in the heart of Napa’s famous Carneros wine district, Ru Vango vineyards produce amazing Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs thanks to fog and cool breezes blowing from nearby San Pablo Bay. The winery is certified by the California Land Stewardship Institute as Fish Friendly Farming and Napa Green Certified Land. The vineyard was formerly owned by Kieu Hoang, a Vietnam native who bought the property from the Michael Mondavi Family Estate in 2014. The vineyard still reflects the charm and sustainable commitment of the Mondavi legacy.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 09:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off* (from most hotels in SF)
- Wine tasting at three wineries
- Fully narrated tour with commentary
- Water for the entire duration of tour
- Experienced Wine Country Tour Guide
- Gum, mints and sunblock
- Lunch at Oxbow Public Market in Napa
- Additional wine tasting at Oxbow Public Market (optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MUST be at least 21 years to consume alcohol
- Child rate is available for guests under 21 years
- Guests traveling with children under the age of 8 will need to provide their own car seat and take responsibility for installing it into the vehicle. Please contact local operator after booking to confirm car seat compatibility
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email and phone number) and hotel information at time of booking
- It is recommended to dress in layers as the weather can vary dramatically from San Francisco to Napa/Sonoma
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free lunch options are available at Oxbow Public Market
- Please leave a note in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking if you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or another special occasion to receive a special gift
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guide training to ensure the safest possible conditions. Each winery has their own restrictions, which all guests must follow.
Average 4.78 out of 5 stars based on 236 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities