The Perfect Blend: Napa and Sonoma Combo Wine Tour from San Francisco
Discover the winemaking traditions of two of the greatest wine regions in the world on a full-day scenic tour from San Francisco. This tour through Napa and Sonoma valleys brings you to three boutique wineries. Sample four to six types of wine at each stop and learn all about these two regions and their wine-production history. Tasting fees at the three wineries are included. Hotel pick-up and drop-off provided from most hotels in San Francisco. Lunch is on your own at trendy Oxbow Public Market. Travel with a small group in luxury transportation, with a 14-passenger limit (8 during COVID-19).
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Photo stop and bathrooms available if needed
Duration: 14 minutes
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, CA
Travel trough the Bay Area from SF up to Wine Country, enjoy the views
Stop At: Sonoma Valley, Highway 12, Sonoma, CA
Experience the beauty of Sonoma
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Robledo Family Winery, 21901 Bonness Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9234
The Robledo Winery showcases a heartwarming story of hard work and strong family ties. Reynaldo Robledo made history by becoming the first Mexican vineyard worker to open a winery and tasting room in the United States. Today, the winery remains very much a family business producing some of the best wines in Sonoma. Enjoy tasting a selection of their popular wines while seated around the large oak table imported from Reynaldo’s home state of Michoacan.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nicholson Ranch, 4200 Napa Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-2800
Nicholson Ranch is a small, family-owned winery producing award-winning estate wine — meaning it’s all grown, produced and bottled right there on the ranch. Enjoy a tasting experience with a difference as you stroll out to the vineyards, glass in hand and hear firsthand about the winemaking process from vine to bottle while drinking in the fantastic Sonoma views that surround you.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oxbow Public Market, 610 1st St, Napa, CA 94559-2602
Lunch is on your own at trendy Oxbow Public Market in the town of Napa. It features a variety of local restaurants with communal seating. The downtown Napa area also has tasting rooms and shops, which you may visit after lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 1331 Buhman Ave, Napa, CA 94558, USA
In 1873, John Jacob Buhman became one of Napa’s early wine pioneers when he planted his first grapevine. The property became best known as historic Buhman Cattle Ranch before descendant Don Buhman reintroduced grape growing 20 years ago. At first, he sold his cherished Carneros grapes to brands such as Mumm, Rombauer, Sterling, and Schramsberg. But he was so successful that he started making his own wine, including Chardonnay, Rose, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
You must contact the supplier directly at least 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm hotel pickup time. Hotel pick ups occur between 8:00-9:00am depending on the hotel location. Please provide your hotel pickup information at time of booking.
Please note: Pick-ups are offered from most hotels in San Francisco (not outside the city, i.e. SFO)Ports
- Cruise Ship Terminal @ Pier 27
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Fully narrated tour with commentary
- Wine tasting at three wineries
- Water for the entire duration of tour
- Gum, mints and suntan lotion
- Hotel pickup and drop-off* (from most hotels in SF)
- Experienced Wine Country Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Robledo Family Winery
- Entry/Admission - Nicholson Ranch
- Entry/Admission - 1331 Buhman Ave
- Lunch at Oxbow Public Market in Napa
- Additional wine tasting at Oxbow Public Market (optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- MUST be at least 21 years to consume alcohol
- Child rate is available for guests under 21 years
- Guests traveling with children under the age of 8 will need to provide their own car seat and take responsibility for installing it into the vehicle. Please contact local operator after booking to confirm car seat compatibility
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email and phone number) and hotel information at time of booking
- It is recommended to dress in layers as the weather can vary dramatically from San Francisco to Napa/Sonoma
- Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free lunch options are available at Oxbow Public Market
- Please leave a note in the "Special Requirements" field at time of booking if you are celebrating an anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, or another special occasion to receive a special gift
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our maximum size for group tours is 6 people on a 14 passenger bus to allow for physical distancing. The use of masks is required in the vehicle. Guests must bring their own. Guide training to ensure the safest possible conditions.Each winery has their own restrictions, which all guests must follow.
Average 4.73 out of 5 stars based on 48 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-6787COMBO
Similar Tours & Activities