Straight to the Gate Access: San Francisco Escape from the Rock Cruise
Embark on a 90-minute cruise along the San Francisco waterfront, under the Golden Gate Bridge and past Angel Island State Park before circling Alcatraz Island for an in-depth view of the prison. Take in the sights and sounds of the island as you listen to ex-guards and former inmates tell their stories of murder, mayhem, and mobsters on an audio tour with historical photos via your smartphone, tablet or other WiFi-enabled device. This ticket allows you to skip the box office line and go straight to the gate.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Skip the line
- Fully narrated tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Family friendly
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pier 39, Beach Street & The Embarcadero Parking area, San Francisco, CA 94133
This 1.5-hour 'Escape from the Rock' cruise departs from Pier 39.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
It takes you under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz Island to see every angle of the former federal penitentiary, now part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.
Pass By: Angel Island State Park, Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94109
En route, enjoy sightings of the city skyline and Angel Island.
Pass By: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
A multi-language audio tour is available with WiFi-enabled devices, and food and drinks are available to purchase on board. Hear intriguing stories about Alcatraz escape attempts by Al Capone, Billy Cook the Killer, Clyde Johnson, and many others. You'll get a clear picture of what life was like in this maximum-security prison when it was the most feared institution in the American penal system.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Pier 39, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- "Straight to the gate" access
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, only on first deck
- Children from 0 to 4 years old sail for free
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Times are subject to change without notice
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.43 out of 5 stars based on 7 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Everything that was promised
This excursion was better than I had hoped for! The scenery was of course amazing and the narrative was very informative- I highly recommend it!
It was a really nice trip. The boat was not crowded at all and it allowed for my family to move around and see the sights from both outside decks as well as moving inside once it got too cold. The only thing I would change is it is hard to hear the stories sometimes and there are just very small signs that tell you how to connect your phone so you can hear it better. We didn't notice the signs until half way through the cruise. Despite that it was a great trip and all employees were very welcoming and kind. I highly recommend!
It's good, however they should work on the sound because on the upper deck with only one sound box sometimes you don't listen at all... Instead of circling twice the Alcatraz Island, they should consider going to the Bay Bridge.
Activity was good! Wish we could of gotten closer though, but overall was a good activity trip.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-5863P4
Similar Tours & Activities