Small Group Redwoods and Wine Country Trip Including Wine Tasting and Cave Tour
Our tour begins at Muir Woods, an old-growth Redwood forest that contains some of the tallest trees on the planet. These 800-year old beauties soar nearly 300 feet over the valley floor. We will spend over an hour walking down paths that have been growing for centuries.
We begin our tastings at a small Sonoma-style boutique winery that is typical of the area.
This is followed by a visit to historic Sonoma Square. You will have time to explore some of the tasting rooms on your own. Or for history buffs, you can tour the historic Mission San Francisco Solano or explore Army Barracks from or a preserved hotel from 1848. For a food experience, there are small shops around the Square that have olive oil, cheese and chocolate tasting. During your free time, there are several choices for lunch.
Then we go to a large winery for a tasting and a private tour of the caves where will learn about winemaking.
ENTRANCE TO MUIR WOODS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE, as are the tasting fees.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Our tour begins at Muir Woods, an old-growth Redwood forest that contains some of the tallest trees on the planet. These 1500-year old beauties soar nearly 300 feet over the valley floor. We will spend over an hour walking down paths that have been growing for centuries.
The day continues at wineries in Sonoma County. We go to a small boutique winery where we will have a picnic lunch. Then we move onto a grand tasting room and have a private tour of the caves and learn about winemaking.
ENTRANCE TO MUIR WOODS IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE, as are the Tasting fees and lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Homewood Winery, 23120 Burndale Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-9722
Wine tasting of wines that are available only in the area.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, CA
Lunch. The area several places to eat around the square at different price points
Optional visits to other Tasting Rooms. Cheese, Olive Oil and Chocolate tasting around the Square
This activity may not be available during COVID
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nicholson Ranch, 4200 Napa Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476-2800
Wine tasting and Private Tour of Cave Room.
Explore the beautiful estate,
Tasting fees are included.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
We stop at the bridge on the way back to San Francisco
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: San Francisco, CA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from hotels in Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square, Civic Center and Financial District.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Admission fee to Muir Woods National Monument ($15 per person)
- Wine tasting fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Homewood Winery
- Entry/Admission - Nicholson Ranch
- Pickup and drop-off from residential addresses
- Entry/Admission - Sonoma Plaza
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that car seats are required for children 8 years and below. You must bring your own car seat as these will not be provided.
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The maximum number of passengers to EIGHT. This is 50% of capacity, but passengers will have more space between seats.
- As we gear up, we no longer will have a minimum number of guests. For parties of three or less, trips may be held in passenger cars with one of our guides.
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 14 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
This was our first time in San Francisco and we are very happy that we booked the Redwood and Wine Day Trip. Phil Siegel was excellent and a very knowledgeable tour guide. I would recommend him to anyone.
The only thing I would suggest is a more substantial lunch during the wine tasting. I thought we could order a whole sandwich and salad but had to settle for half of each. You really need a little more food in your stomach when you are tasting so many wines. The server at Kendall Jackson was extremely generous in his servings and could have used some munchies.
Overall it was a great day and we enjoyed it very much thanks to Phil.
Walt and Beth Heinrich
We had such a great time. This tour was led by “Paul”. He was fantastic!!! Lots of fun, and had an excellent knowledge of the city, wine country and woods. We would HIGHLY recommend this tour to visitors who want to get a day trip out the city to see the beautiful tres and get a taste of wine country.
Our tour guide was Phil S. and he made the trip awesome! Went on a mother/daughter trip and this was one of our favorite days. The group had a fantastic time and truly enjoyed the whole day.
We were picked up right in front of our hotel which was very nice. We had a total of 6 on the trip. Phil ensured everyone was comfortable and provided interesting facts and fun music during the drive. Armstrong park is a quiet peaceful area where you get to connect with Nature. Muir Woods are great too, but its loud due to the wooden walkways. The tour continued on to the first wineries where we had a light lunch and delicious wines. We visited two more wineries to enjoy a few more whines. We had plenty to try and plenty of time to enjoy each stop.
Thank you for a great day!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-36001P6
Similar Tours & Activities