Napa and Sonoma Combo Wine Tour Including Castello Di Amorosa Winery
Leave the city for the day on this three winery Combo tour of Napa and Sonoma Valley, Hop in the comfortable minibus and wave San Francisco goodbye for a few hours as you cross the majestic Golden Gate Bridge (photo stop 10 minutes), learn about the wine at each winery and what makes it so distinctive, talk to the wine makers and winery representatives about each wine and sample their delicious products, learn about the history of wine making in Napa Valley. (Wine tasting fees included at two wineries ).
Visit award winning wineries, take some time at each winery to enjoy the sprawling vineyards, take photos, sip wine and even snack on gourmet food (lunch at your own expenses).
This is the ultimate wine outing for anyone who likes country scenery, good wine and relaxing day trips.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Popular choice with kids
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
First stop at the Famous Golden Gate Bridge, Photo opportunity with views of the Skyline of San Francisco and the Bay.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Castello di Amorosa, 4045 Saint Helena Hwy, Calistoga, CA 94515-9609
Enjoy a guided tour of Castello di Amorosa, considered an architectural masterpiece with all the elements of an authentic medieval castle: a moat, drawbridge, five towers, high defensive ramparts, courtyards and loggias, a chapel, stables, an armory, and even a torture chamber. 107 rooms in total, no rooms alike. Containing some of the most beautiful vaulted wine cellars in the world, Castello di Amorosa has fulfilled Dario’s dream of producing superior quality wines with the same love and attention to detail that went into building his castle.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: V. Sattui Winery, 1111 White Ln, St. Helena, CA 94574-1551
The Winery of the year for the last 15 years, founded in 1885 by an Italian immigrant Vittorio Sattui, Artisan Deli, more than 2 acres of shaded picnic grounds surrounded by giant oak trees,flowers and vineyards. It’s everyone’s favorite, Best Cabernet in California in 1995, Best wine in California in 1999, Winery of the year in California in 2004 and 2007, Best Winery in the western U.S in 2005, Best wine maker in U.S in 2014.
Here you can have lunch (lunch at your own expenses)
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Viansa Sonoma, 25200 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, CA 95476-9222
The Sonoma Legacy, stunning view from the hilltop of the most famous Sonoma's wine region the Carneros rigion.Idyllically situated at the summit of the Sonoma Valley, Viansa Sonoma embodies the proud history of local winemaking. The legacy of Viansa Sonoma dates back to 1896 when Samuele Sebastiani arrived from Tuscany and saved enough money, while making cobblestones for San Francisco streets, to purchase vineyard property in 1904.
Following in his footsteps, Samuele’s children and grandchildren continued the tradition of sharing great wine, supporting the land from where it comes, and through passionately maintaining precious wetlands that are vital to our eco-system.
Founded by Samuele’s grandson in 1989, Viansa Sonoma remains committed to producing wines of true excellence while continuing the tradition of land stewardship and winemaking that defines the Sonoma Valley.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 290 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
2: 2620 Jones St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Guided tour at Castello di Amorosa
- Wine tasting at two (2) wineries
- Entry/Admission - V. Sattui Winery
- Entry/Admission - Viansa Sonoma
- $40 entrance fee (which includes Reserve tasting) at Castello Di Amorosa ($5 Discount original $45)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Amorosa
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available
- Lunch will be around 11:45am at the second winery (V.Sattui Winery. own expenses)
- Wineries are subject to change sometimes due to private events
- For international visitors, for any questions use our WhatsApp number
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.64 out of 5 stars based on 67 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The main reason I booked this tour was because it was the only one I could find that went to Castello di Amorosa (the winery in a castle). Little did I know that the tour would also include one of the best tour guides we've had during our travels...Jan! She was personable and funny, and provided a great background of the sights along our journey. Highly recommend this tour!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-34252P2
Similar Tours & Activities