Small-Group Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour with Lunch
Travel by luxury van through wine country's gorgeous vineyard-covered hills, on this day-trip to Napa and Sonoma from San Francisco. You'll visit at least two top wineries, dine at a gourmet Sonoma restaurant, and toast to the end of your journey with some sparkling wine. Learn all about Napa's famous wine culture on this scenic, small-group tour which includes round-trip transport from San Francisco. With an intimate party size limited to 14 passengers, this is an unforgettable journey into wine country you won't want to miss.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
After pickup from your San Francisco hotel, relax on the 1-hour ride north to beautiful Sonoma Valley. Aboard a luxury van, your experienced guide will show you the best of California wine country during your day trip.
You'll visit at least two of Sonoma Valley's top wineries and sample vintage wine in their tasting rooms. Learn all about the art of wine making as you sip a variety of fine wines and mingle with your small group.
At midday, enjoy a leisurely lunch at the Plaza Bistro, a gourmet restaurant in Sonoma, before continuing to Napa Valley. A scenic ride to Domaine Chandon will offer stunning views of vineyard-studded hills. When you arrive, toast with a glass of bubbly at a specially reserved table and savor the last of your wine country tour.
Wineries you may visit include Viansa Winery, Cline Cellars, Larson Family Winery, Homewood Winery and Jacuzzi Family Vineyards. At the end of the day, sit back and relax on the ride back to San Francisco.
Please see the Itinerary section below for a sample lunch menu.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is offered from major San Francisco hotels. Please note: Tour does NOT pickup from San Francisco Airport hotels or outside of the city of San Francisco.
- Duration: 9 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Wine tastings and fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury 14-passenger van
- Entry/Admission - Sonoma Valley
- Hotel pickups from San Francisco Airport hotels
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pickup is not included from the San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport or airport hotels
- If available, a French, German, Italian, or Spanish speaking guide can be provided. Please advise at time of booking in the Special Requirements field if a language other than English is desired
- Travelers must be at least 21 years old with valid ID to participate in wine tastings
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Minimum age: 11
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
It was a wonderful experience visiting wine country. Our guide Anya was terrific. Also the lunch was delicious. Thank you!!
Nice trip to wine country and all we had to do is walk out our hotel to catch the van. Plan a whole day of it and wear comfortable shoes.
First time in Wine Country this tour was the best choice! We chose the Small-Group tour because we only had one day to devote to this opportunity. Cindy was the best driver/host and the guests in our group were so friendly and fun. Weather was perfect and wines were superb. Lunch was delicious and shopping was the icing on top! I would chose this tour again!
We booked the tour for 11 family members following a wedding and had the bus to ourselves. Our tour guide, Anya, was absolutely delightful! She knows so much about the area and narrated as we rode starting right from the hotel. A quick photo stop at the Palace of Fine Arts and we headed across the bridge. The first winery was a beautiful place on a hill with great views. Wines were awesome! We sampled 3 whites, 3 reds and a special reserve red they brought out. Second was a really small winery and we learned so much from the staff person as she taught us all about wines and pairings. We sampled 4 wines here - it was awesome. Lunch was delish and strolled around town a bit. Third was the sparkling winery. It was really interesting tour and we saw the operation. I’m not big on sparkling wines, but they were really tasty!! Anya drove us around, took good care of us and dropped half of us at one address and the rest at another to save Uber from hotel. Great time!!
This tour was perfect and very reasonable price for the quality. We visited 3 wineries and were able to taste at least 4 wines per winery. Lunch in Sonoma was also good. Driver (Guide) was very good person.
What a relaxing way to visit the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. Great driver and lovely mix of travellers. Loved our visit to Jacuzzi Winery (who’d have thought this was where the jacuzzi was invented!) and our very interesting tour of Domaine Chandon.
The tour was excellent. We were picked up on schedule at the designated pick up spot. Visited 3 wineries, I thought there would be 4 but the 3 was fine. That gave us time to look around and take pictures. The cost included the wine tastings and lunch at the Plaza Bistro which was delicious. There were only 5 of us which was a great number. A very pleasant day. Our driver Peter offered up interesting info as we drove through various areas.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5112_B0024
Similar Tours & Activities