San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods & Wine Country w/ optional Gourmet Lunch
Be doubly delighted in this award-winning combo tour by a morning stroll through an ancient redwood forest and an afternoon of exclusive winery experiences in California’s Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Relax and enjoy spirited education and demonstrations by winemakers It’s the only Woods & Wine tour to include all wine tasting fees. Guaranteed departures 365 days a year, all age groups welcome.
The tour offers the option of taking your Wine Country and Redwoods Tour experience to the next level by indulging in an exclusive three-course food experience on historic Sonoma plaza.
Pass By: San Francisco Bay, San Francisco, California
Your San Francisco Wine Country Day Tour begins with a convenient pick-up from your San Francisco hotel. After a leisurely cruise through the City and across the Golden Gate Bridge on your way up to Napa and Sonoma Counties.
Pass By: Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Marin County, California 94965
Learn the colorful history of the Marin Headlands and hear from your guide why Coastal Redwoods are so special.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, California 94941
You’ll enjoy an easy stroll through the ancient forest, filled with Coastal Redwoods, many as tall as 200 feet! After communing with nature on an unforgettable giant redwoods walk.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Napa Valley, California
You’ll hop back on board to finish your trip up the California coast to Napa County.
Stop At: Ru Vango Winery, 1285 Dealy Ln, Napa, CA 94559, USA
Beginning the Wine Tasting Section of the Tour in Napa.
Your Wine Country tour begins with a Napa Valley wine tasting (subject to change based on availability). Here, you’ll be presented with a flight of wines hand-picked by the winemaker. You’ll learn about the winemaking process, and what makes the winery special as you sip and stroll through the vineyards. The wines you taste are generally not sold in stores, so be sure to stock up!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Sonoma Valley, Sonoma County, California
Next, the tour brings you to Sonoma County.
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, California
The historic Sonoma Plaza is filled with small, boutique shops and restaurants, catering to every taste. You can grab a bite in a restaurant, or take your food to go and enjoy your meal on the vast lawn surrounding the historic Sonoma City Hall.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: The Plaza Bistro, 420 1st St E, Sonoma, CA 95476, USA
You also have the option of adding our gourmet lunch with a wine pairing at the Plaza Bistro, right there on the Sonoma Plaza.
Stop At: Mayo Family Winery, 13101 Arnold Dr, Glen Ellen, California 95442
Drink in the stunning California Wine Country landscapes.
Get tips from your guide on how to taste wines like a real sommelier.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jacuzzi Family Vineyards, 24724 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, California 95476
Stroll the grounds and take photos among the vines, Learn how wine is made by industry experts, try several wines—add your favorites to your collection.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, California 94129
Before rolling back into San Francisco, you’ll make one more photo stop (weather permitting).
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 07:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Gourmet lunch (upgrade; select at checkout if desired)
- Expert guide and commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area, but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
- Wine tasting at three (3) wineries (wineries subject to change)
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Muir Woods National Park entrance fee (USD15.00 per person - subject to change)
- Additional food and drinks
- Lunch for children is not included in rate and will need to be paid at restaurant. Children order a la carte. (Customer is responsible for payment on site)
- Guide Gratuities
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- NOTE: Tastings are usually held at Ru Vango Winery, Mayo Family Winery and Jacuzzi Family Vineyard, but locations are subject to change, depending on availability.
- For international guests, please be aware the legal drinking age in the United States is 21 years of age. All age groups are still welcome to join the tour.
- For the rare event that commercial parking is not available at Muir Woods, we reserve the right to arrange an alternative destination for experiencing Giant Coastal Redwoods during your Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour.
- Meals are not included (except lunch if option is added at checkout).
- If lunch upgrade is selected, your group will sit together for a table-side presentation of local wines paired with each expertly prepared course of California cuisine.
- If lunch option selected, please specify your choice of one item per course during the booking process, or the local partner reserves the right to choose on your behalf. All courses are paired with wine. First Course - paired with Sparkling Wine, 3 oz • Petite cheese plate with Vella Mezzo Secco, Double Cream French Brie, Gruyere and fresh fruit • Second Course - paired with Sauvignon Blanc, 3 oz (choose one) • White bean and vegetable soup topped with almond-arugula pesto • Classic Caesar Salad romaine hearts with the Bistro’s home-made Caesar Dressing • Main Course - paired with Pinot Noir, 3 oz (choose one) • Rigatoni Bolognese braised ground beef and pork in a house-made marinara sauce • Fusilli Pasta tossed almond-arugula pesto and parmesan cheese • Chicken Piccata with mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and caper butter sauce • Grilled Vegetable Sandwich fresh mozzarella and pesto spread on focaccia with a side of baby mixed greens tossed with citrus vinaigrette
- For hotel pickups, if your hotel is not listed, please select the Hilton Union Square at 333 O'Farrell Street (the meeting point is outside the Mason Street entrance).
- Please always refer to the providers confirmation for exact pick-up time and location as this may differ from your hotel. Multiple hotel pick-ups are available, the time mentioned on the voucher is the first pick-up time, please allow a 45 minute window for pick-ups to be complete.
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator in advance may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.66 out of 5 stars based on 2959 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought